[Release] Microsoft Windows Live Messenger 2008 v8.5 FINAL

johndoe74

• 4 weeks later...
How can I apply a skin to my Messenger?

Messenger Plus! skins are loaded in memory without modifying the original resource files of Messenger. What this means is that Messenger Plus! takes care of all the hard work for you. Here is what you need to know about installing skins:

• First, you need to make sure you have Windows Live Messenger and Messenger Plus! Live installed (the latest public versions are always recommended).
  • Then, find a skin you like in the Skins Database and press download.
  • Open the file you just downloaded, make sure Enable this skin after import is enabled, and press Import. If the enable option is not available, the skin is not compatible with your version of Messenger.
  • Once Messenger has been restarted, the skin is loaded and ready to be enjoyed :-).

and

you must be signed in before you can import new skins

ha well.. thats not exactly what i was asking. i meant is there a way to incorporate it into your addon here and have it set to default so when i integrate it into my build it will already be set up :)

i don't think i can manage that since the prerequisites of installing that particular type of skin are that messenger live should be installed prior and that you should be online and signed in!

Edited by johndoe74

ah ok. well i saw that Vista Aero skin by ~Stianu89 addon you built, (which also requires msgr live i believe- or according to t he deviantart link it does)and i thought maybe it would just be a simple matter of replacing that one with the one i found.. guess not :D

Edited by ccl0