ASUS P5N-E + vista + satadrivers: how?

Farmerjoe

I've just bought a E6600 some PC6400 RAM and a ASUS P5N-E SLI. Now I want to install windows vista. So I put the DVD in the drive and begin the install but when i get to the part where vista is supposed to find some drivers, it finds nothing. It then says that I have to put in a media (USB, floppy, cd or DVD) with the drivers on and either let it search for them on the media or I can point out where the files are myself. Either way nothing happens, I can't get any kind of driver to work.

The CD that came with the motherboard contains drivers, but vista can't recognize them when I put in the CD or when I extract them and put them on an USB key. I've downloaded some drivers from ASUS' side and also from nvidia's side, but I can't get anything to work :( . I've got 32bit vista so I've downloaded all the 32bit sata_ide drivers and also tried some raid drivers, still nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated

I have done multiple clean installs of Vista on SATA drives without having to first load drivers. Is the installation requiring that you load drivers? If not I suggest to let it run it's course. The only drivers that Asus provides are for the RAID controller (from J Micron) that are also needed for the e-SATA port (as far as I know). As I said, never loaded drivers and always completed my installs.