Windows Desktop Search WDS 3.0

Is there any way to install WDS 3.0 (latest version) without the taskbar toolbar being enabled by default? It always enables for the currently logged on user. We have to install it with Office 2007 to enable the instant search in Outlook 2007. I can't find an enterprise version for 3.0 like they had previously. :wacko:

We are pushing it out with SMS.

Thanks

Edited by shinscreen

Is there any way to install WDS 3.0 (latest version) without the taskbar toolbar being enabled by default? It always enables for the currently logged on user. We have to install it with Office 2007 to enable the instant search in Outlook 2007. I can't find an enterprise version for 3.0 like they had previously. :wacko:

If a download URL was included with this request I may have had a look at it for you.

All i can find is v3.01 and its available for 4 different operating systems in 4 different downloads.

I've already wasted more time on this than I care to.

shark

Shark. Thanks for trying but I already have the install. I don't need to download it because I already have it. I'm looking for someone with experience deploying WDS who may have dealt with the WDS taskbar toolbar removal.

Thanks anyway

If a download URL was included with this request I may have had a look at it for you.

All i can find is v3.01 and its available for 4 different operating systems in 4 different downloads.

I've already wasted more time on this than I care to.

shark

Try merging this registry setting following the install:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\DesktopSearch]
"DB"=dword:00000001

You can also check MSDN for the entire WDS administrative deployment discussion. You have lots of options re custom configuration via Group Policy.

Edit: Works for me following a reboot. The Deskbar is gone with no option to enable it from the taskbar. You can get the entire WDS administrative guide HERE.

Edited by blinkdt