Giving Your Windows Cosmetic Surgery

Jazz, im unsure but I do think youll either have to have a hacked uxtheme or something that allows the loading of non default themes...but you could always try on an installation...the only way to really tell is test...Im sure most people here already have the hacked uxtheme loading as a windows default system file...so unless anyone installs using a windows cd, its gonna be hard to test.

No chance anyone knows where the dialogs for the logon/logoff/waiting are stored do they? The ones that are visible by the classic logon. I know you can change the bmps, but is it possible to actually remove the completely and make a super small sized logon? Ive looked thru shell32.dll and msgina.dll and cant find it anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Updated: 10/11/03

Fixed: Typo in the bootlogo.cmd

hi i have few questions, i have choose sentinel which have 10 colourstyles, how to do that? whatever i am trying, it stays red :S. fill in colour=blue2 wont help

and also have other question, is it possible to put more then 1 theme in the cd so i can choose more then 1 theme ? i also have xp plus! and i like to place the themes over to unattedcd, someone can help me with that?

also found. simply ad to winnt.sif

[shell]

CustomDefaultThemeFile="%Systemroot%\Resources\Themes\Sentinel_Blue2.theme"

put them in resources\themes and leave it without changing the submaps or else and that's everything.....

I have changed msgina.dll for Stand-By / Turn-Off / Restart.

Does anyone know which file the dialogs for the Logoff / Switch-User using normal (not classic) interface?

Cheers.

EDIT: Found it in shell32.dll for anyone else interested.

u can do it by doing this

control panel > system > advanced tab > performance > settings , its the second option from the bottom "Use Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on the Desktop" make sure its ticked

u can also have a reg tweak 2 do the same, and have it run in your .cmd file

regards

• 3 weeks later...

I've editted the msgina.dll and created the $$/system32 folders in my unattendend but how do I copy the $$ folder with it's content to the right folders on the target computer? (I'm finishing a project from a collegue so that's why I'm not up to date with these basics)

I've editted the msgina.dll and created the $$/system32 folders in my unattendend but how do I copy the $$ folder with it's content to the right folders on the target computer? (I'm finishing a project from a collegue so that's why I'm not up to date with these basics)
OemPreinstall=Yes instructs Windows XP Setup that there is an $OEM$ distribution share on the CD. This will tell setup to copy them over to the destination hard drive of where Windows is being installed.

so write in winnt.sif "OemPreinstall=Yes" and that is everything you have to do.

your windowssetup will copy all maps ($$,$1,$doc and and and) fully automatically, so there is no need to write a command line or whatever.

:)

One thing I don't understand about disabling WFP - does the reg code go in the "regtweak.reg" file, or a different one?

yes, you write this in the regtweak.reg

;-----------------------------BEVEILIGINGEN UITZETTEN-------------------------

;Disable Windows File Protection for using unofficial themes
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"SFCDisable"=dword:FFFFFF9D

:)