Change location of \\SERVER\USERS\ share name

Hello

I have set up a new server and for one reason or another, I have changed the share name of the User home folder. It is set to \\SERVER\USERS\ by default (so a new user's home folder is \\SERVER\USERS\username). I have created my home folder at the share point: \\SERVER\USERSHOMEFOLDER\.

WHen I create a new user, it tries to create a folder at \\SERVER\USERS\, instead of \\SERVER\USERSHOMEFOLDER\. Where can I change the settting so that it defaults to my new location?

Thanks

Hamish

From what I understand, you configured your default profile location to be at \\server\users\, and when a new profile logs on it creates the \\server\users\%username% folder. You also have configured the %homepath% variable to point to \\server\usershomefolder\%username%, correct?

Assuming the above is correct (or close to it), what you see is expected behavior. When a new profile is generated at first logon for a new roaming profile, it is always generated in the profile path (in your case, \\server\users\%username%\). The %homepath% variable is just a nicety - it's only used to set the home path or home drive location, nothing else. If you want the %homepath% or %homedrive% location to point somewhere in the new profile, you should really be setting that to \\server\users\%username%\Documents or \\server\users\%username%\My Documents\, for Vista or XP clients respectively.

Hiya

Just to clarify.

When SBS adds a new user, it creates a User home folder. By default, this location is \\server\users\%username%\. I would like to change the location to \\server\usershomefolder\%username%

How can I do that?

Thanks

H

Hello,

You need to go onto "Server Management" on your SBS Server then go onto users then click on the "Configure My Documents Redirection" this will allow you to remap the Users directory to another folder.

Hope this helps

Ben