[Vista X64] First time vLite ...

Prodigys

Hello,

I have an version of Vista Ultimate X64 OEM, i install it, and it is already activated and so on.

No i'm going to use vLite to strip down the Vista of language packs etc, to make it smaller in size.

But what do i do whit the last page in vLite ?

I just want that Vista keeps the same in de activation aspect, so that i have a stipped down Vista but it still activates automatically...

Can somebody give me some informatiob about this ?

Here is an image of the tab that i mean in vLite :

546546as9.jpg

Your Vista x64 comes with a KEY, right? if so, insert it in there and it should be automatically actiavted upon install.

However, if ur vista X64 OEM is some form of like Recovery DVD that comes from vendor, then that's a different story because these Recovery DVD reinstall Vista with a bunch of craps.

but for now, just vlite it, put in the key, u should be set to go.

ps. please speicify what kind of OEM disc, OEM vendor's Recovery DVD or OEM DVD bought from retail like Newegg.

Hello,

Thnx for your post !

This disc i got from Dell, and there is none key given with it.

Like is said, i can install Vista with it, without inserting a key...

I install it like an normal Vista DVD, but with this one it doesnt ask for a key, it just goes on .

For the rest its the same like a usaul Vista install (choosing wich country etc..)

So do you know a solution now :P

Thnx ;)

alright, here's what u can try:

1. find the key on the laptop itself, (look for the COA) or google jellybean keyfinder

2. vlite ur DVD and insert the key u find into the unattended section.

3. then try it out see if it automatically activate

my guess is that the Dell OEM DVD has already configured to insert KEy like the unattended function of vlite. here's how u can check:

open ur Dell DVD, look for the file named "autounattended.xml" if that file exist then Dell is just using the unattended feature like we do.

Hope that help. (btw, ur key would only work on ur Dell machine only, that's why it's OEM, so dont try to do that on another machine cuz it wont activate.)

alright, here's what u can try:

1. find the key on the laptop itself, (look for the COA) or google jellybean keyfinder

2. vlite ur DVD and insert the key u find into the unattended section.

3. then try it out see if it automatically activate

my guess is that the Dell OEM DVD has already configured to insert KEy like the unattended function of vlite. here's how u can check:

open ur Dell DVD, look for the file named "autounattended.xml" if that file exist then Dell is just using the unattended feature like we do.

Hope that help. (btw, ur key would only work on ur Dell machine only, that's why it's OEM, so dont try to do that on another machine cuz it wont activate.)

Oke, i really appriciate it that you help me.

I will try to do that what you explained to me. I thought also about this manner, but didn't knew it for sure if it was going to work.

I'm also going to search for the file "autounattended.xml" ;)

And about the thing that i can not install this Vista on a other pc but thisone from Dell is not treu :sneaky:

I installed this DVD on 3 PC's till now, and they all work and all can update on the site of microsoft.com with the WGA tool :thumbup

But i gonna try the things you explained to me ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Wow so ur Dell OEM DVD works on others pc as well? are the "others" also Dell PCs?

I'm interested in getting one for 2 desktops of mine.

Lool

Indeed, it is a DVD , i boot it on any sort off pc (home made pc, or a medion, makes no difference what brand) and i install Vista.

On the moment i come for the first time on the desktop it's already activated :thumbup

I searched on the DVD and there are i think 10-15 files from Dell with information to activate.

The only con off this DVD is that it also installs on different places the logo off Dell, but this i already fixed with my own 'Prodigys' picture :P

So, i did al this, and run vLite and now i have a Vista DVD off 1.5Gb, 5-7GB after instalation (requires only 10 min install this dvd) and already activated...

I'm right now on a Pentium 2 350Mhz :wacko:

But this is a picture on my old pc that is sold right now:

untitledqv5.jpg

And that logo a changed on the DVD with my own logo:

joeybe0.png

Intrested in this DVD ? Cracked myself, for sale in Europe @ 49.95€ :wub:

Just kidding, but thnx for the help ;)