I'm gonna burn this iPod if I don't get help

Member02PAPP

Ok so heres the deal::

My mom got an iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation for Christmas and so far it only works with my sister's,, who is off at University of Cinncinati,, laptop so we have no way fo adding music.. We didn't ahve a way to even charge it until we bought a wall adapter to charge from..

When I plug it into this computer it flashes the orange light a few times tne nothing and comes up as an unknown device.. I have tried going through all of the troubleshooting steps to try and figure this thing out but none of that worked..

Is there ANY WAY that anyone can help me fix this?? I am typically VERY good with technology but with this I am just lost>.<

If you know what I can atleats try to fix it PLEASE tell me!!!!!!!v.v

Ok so heres the deal::

My mom got an iPod Shuffle 2nd Generation for Christmas and so far it only works with my sister's,, who is off at University of Cinncinati,, laptop so we have no way fo adding music.. We didn't ahve a way to even charge it until we bought a wall adapter to charge from..

When I plug it into this computer it flashes the orange light a few times tne nothing and comes up as an unknown device.. I have tried going through all of the troubleshooting steps to try and figure this thing out but none of that worked..

Is there ANY WAY that anyone can help me fix this?? I am typically VERY good with technology but with this I am just lost>.<

If you know what I can atleats try to fix it PLEASE tell me!!!!!!!v.v

Sounds like possibly not enough power. Make sure that you selected the right voltage, if it's a universal adapter.

Also, it may required a self-powered USB hub!

Do you have a USB 2.0 port?

How old is the computer/motherboard? Brand and model if you have.

And what operating system? I got a Shuffle 2.0 works with 2003 and XP SP2 no problem. No drivers either, it just detects it. Then I import stuff with winamp.

Do you have a USB 2.0 port?

How old is the computer/motherboard? Brand and model if you have.

And what operating system? I got a Shuffle 2.0 works with 2003 and XP SP2 no problem. No drivers either, it just detects it. Then I import stuff with winamp.

No I do not have USB 2.0 I can't really afford it and the computer I use is a 98 that was updated to XP so I hardly have any disk space left on it right now..

I have the XP Home edition that's all I really know right now all the other info is on that computer and I am currently on one running on Windows ME and we couldn't get iTunes on this one >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Check on Apples site on how to reset your iPod and then connect it. Or use Apple Updater to update firmware. OPen Updater then connect ipod. Or try connecting in Disc mode(search in apple site on how to put in disc mode) if that doesnt work try this: Probably if you have a Windows Xp disc. Do a fresh Install on any PC which u dont use alot. Then plug in Shuffle after a FULL charge.