Workstation service disappeared

_hunter

Greetings...

I've recently reinstalled my windows xp (sp2) and discovered some strange problem: there is no Server and Workstation services in Services applet.

What is this\how to fix this problem?

Best regards...

Do you have the \lanmanserver and \lanmanworkstation keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services? If so, do they match another (working) machine of the same OS and service pack?

By some reason there was no such keys.

After I've added those key (just exported from other system) Workstation/Server services appeared. But when I'm trying to change their properties (double click on service) appeared such:

Configuration Manager: The specified device instance handle does not correspond to a present device.

message. After pressing OK appeared service's properties window. When I've pressed Start button appeared such:

Windows could not start the Workstation on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2250.

message. Service doesn't starts.

By some reason there was no such keys.

After I've added those key (just exported from other system) Workstation/Server services appeared. But when I'm trying to change their properties (double click on service) appeared such:

Configuration Manager: The specified device instance handle does not correspond to a present device.

message. After pressing OK appeared service's properties window. When I've pressed Start button appeared such:

Windows could not start the Workstation on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2250.

message. Service doesn't starts.

Once you added the registry keys, did you restart the machine before attempting to start the services?