Uxtheme.dll

Hi,

I have a problem with UXTheme.dll file. If I am copying it in gui run once then i have to reboot the system to get it working. Also since it is not in effect xp loads with classic theme (which is ugly). I then tried to add it to the i386 folder. Then xp installation produced an error and asked whethere to skip the file or not. I also tried to use the following command

makecab uxhem.dll and add the uxtheme.dll_ file to i386

By the way i am not using xp sp1

:)

i don't think uxtheme is language specific, as there are already hacks out there that work with most WinXPs languages aren't there?

anyways, i don't believe AaronXP made the uxtheme, but someone else did. He posted how someone, just search

i don't think uxtheme is language specific, as there are already hacks out there that work with most WinXPs languages aren't there?

Well...

The uxtheme.dll i have in my \windows\system32 has a different filesize than the one i extracted from the uxtheme.dl_ posted above.

A quick look into the stringtables revealed german strings in my uxtheme.dll as well as english strings in the downloaded file.

*shrug*

Eventhough I am disabling SFC with the following reg file from the cmdlines.txt the sfc window saying windows files were replaced pops up at first reboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"SFCDisable"=dword:ffffff9d

I did this since I wanted to copy the patched UXTheme.dll file during this phase. If copy it in the GUIRunOnce section, i will have to reboot to enable themes. Should I add the SFC disable in the GUIRunOnce section. I am getting a file not found message for

REN %systemroot%\System32\dllcache\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.old

Hi,

The problem now is that I have added the UXTheme.dll and UXTheme.dl_ files to i386 folder and XP installation works ok. But at first login a SFC window comes u[p saying that some files were replaced asking for Windows XP CD. I am not sure whether it has been caused by the UXTheme file. I am copying a modified sysoc.inf from commandline during the guirunonce section. The sysoc.inf file is not placed in the i386 folder.