Some IME files are not removed

memcache

I selected to remove all keyboards, but kept Chinese language (not keyboard). But many IME files are not removed. Not only Chinese IMEs, Japanese IMEs are not removed yet.

Are they intentionally left for some reason or it is a bug? Thanks!

Can you be more specific, which files please?

Just a few, which needed to be removed and weren't, thx.

Files like:

WINAR30.IM_

WINGB.CH_

WINGB.IM_

WINIME.CH_

WINIME.IM_

WINPY.CH_

WINPY.IM_

WINPY.MB_

WINSP.CH_

WINSP.IM_

WINSP.MB_

WINZM.CH_

WINZM.IM_

WINZM.MB_

Because I selected to remove all keyboards, I suppose only font files should be left in the LANG dir. However such files are still there. I attached my session settings so that you can check it. Thanks!

Last_Session.ini

Ok, now you'll just have to explain to me are those IME files needed to see the letters or just for typing?

Just to say that keyboard files are different, they are just like kbd*.

Ok, now you'll just have to explain to me are those IME files needed to see the letters or just for typing?

Just to say that keyboard files are different, they are just like kbd*.

So may I file a feature request of removing IMEs? :-)

I think I only need two files in the LANG dir, SIMSUN.tt_ and SIMHEI.tt_. How can I get rid of other files?

It's around 8MB on the CD, is large enough to be a useful feature, compared to those 20-30KB components supported by nLite :-)

BTW, I'm using an English version of XP. So I believe this feature can benifit all users, not just estern Asian users.

Thing is those are part of Chinese language and you didn't remove it, nothing weird there.

However there is a component Input Method Editor (IME), how about removing all individual IMEs with it?

Also you could try to remove Chinese and use the Keep box (in the Components - Advanced) to protect those 2 font files...could work but not sure.

Thing is those are part of Chinese language and you didn't remove it, nothing weird there.

However there is a component Input Method Editor (IME), how about removing all individual IMEs with it?

Also you could try to remove Chinese and use the Keep box (in the Components - Advanced) to protect those 2 font files...could work but not sure.

Just tested. Keep box can't protect these two files. The LANG dir is removed if I remove all language...