Windows Browser problems.

I've been having some major issues with my recently built PC. For some reason, under Windows XP my browsers have major problems loading websites and such.Many times I end up hitting refresh WAY more than I should. Sometimes, a page won't even load, no matter how many F5's I slam. however, one of the strangest things that happens is (mainly happens in FF, since its my main browser, but I think I've seen it in IE7 as well):

I'll open my browser and visit a page, have another tab open or whatever as well. Sometimes, when loading a new page or tab, it will try loading an image from some previous site I visited!! Incredibly annoying. For example, let's say I go to msfn.org right? Then I try visiting digg.com or something, and what I get is an error saying "could not find /images/header/msn_banner.jpg" or something like that, as if I were still on the MSFN page. Sometimes when I try loading blogger for instance, all it will load is the 16x16 favicon, and DISPLAY that as the webpage!

I really have no clue what's going on, but I know it's only on this computer (laptop does NOT have this problem), it's not FF specific (IE and Kmeleon also do the hang-on-load, and I'm sure IE has done that screwed up loading thing, in fact, so has Thunderbird when loading RSS feeds) and it's under XP (as my Ubuntu dual-boot also does not have this issue). Any ideas? :wacko:

how are the network settings on this pc configured? specifically dns.

is the xp you are using n-lited?

how is general network browsing, do packets get dropped if you set off a ping to a host?

let us know :)

thanks

I have it set to use the DNS from the router, which uses the DNS settings from OpenDNS.

Yea, but just SP2 and patches streamlined...

Well, I pinged a site 15 times (-n 15) and I had no packet loss...

The computer is wired via a very long Ethernet cable. Compared to the working computer? Well, like I said, I dual boot. It's the same computer, it's just under WinXP that I get these problems, not in Ubuntu. That leads me to believe there is some setting in XP that must of been messed with, but I have no clue what it would be...