Just have the "GOD account" and rename it?

Synomenon

Ok, all I want to do is enable the "GOD" account and have it named with whatever name I want, without having to setup another account during Vista's install. What options in vLite do I need to choose to do this?

So basically I want it so that when Vista is finished installing, the only account there is the "GOD" account with whatever name I assigned to it.

@IsLNdbOi

that is correct...that account can be renamed once setup is finished using security policy... hit window+R to bring up the run dialog, then type in secpol.msc...the option's near the top of the Local Policies -> Security Options page..

note that this won't rename the Administrator folder in C:\Users, it will just be a superficial change, like in the start menu... it's also a very good idea to reboot right after; i thought i broke something cuz i couldn't get the control panel to open, but i rebooted and it was fine...

• 2 months later...

Ok, I made a new Vista disk using the latest version of vLite. I chose the same options I chose when I made my previous disk using the previous version of vLite. With my previous disk, selecting the skip user creation resulted in a single account which was also the "GOD account" that would not prompt me everytime I wanted to change something (I guess that's the UAC thing?). I've made two new Vista disks so far with this latest version of vLite (1.1 beta). Each time I make my changes and select skip user creation and then press apply right before making the ISO (also choosing to rebuild and remove all versions except for Ultimate 64-bit which is what I have). After the ISO is made, I burn to a disk. I've installed them and during setup, it still asks me to type in a name for the account. After Vista is fully installed, it's a regular account that shows up as an administrator when I go to Control Panel -> User Accounts. I know it's not the "GOD account" though because when I go into:

secpol.msc -> Local Policies -> Security Options

"Accounts: Administrator account status" is disabled. Also, when I do anything, it acts like a normal Vista install prompting me to allow everything I do.

What's going on here? How come this isn't working anymore (having only the "GOD account" when skip user creation is selected) with this new version of vLite? I've made two disks on two separate computer (both running 64-bit versions of Vista that haven't been modified with vLite or any other tools and have been updated with all available updates from Windows Update) using vLite 1.1 beta and choosing the same options each time. Installing from both disks yields the same results.

I press the apply button only once during the whole process and that's right before making the ISO. I also choose to rebuild with only the version of Vista that I have (Vista Ultimate 64-bit).

Edited by IsLNdbOi

i havent seen that in the 1.1 vlite beta, and i just made a vlite'd ultimate x64 for my dad. it might help to see ur last session.ini. and please, post it as an attachment, don't copy and paste it all in ur post.. i really wish ppl would stop doing that...

-joll

Relax dude, give people some time to read.

Its not a chatbox here.

What's a "chatbox"? Anyway, sorry for those bumps after every 4 or 5 hours. I'm used to busy forums like Anandtech and Hardforums where you usually get a reply within minutes.

i havent seen that in the 1.1 vlite beta, and i just made a vlite'd ultimate x64 for my dad. it might help to see ur last session.ini. and please, post it as an attachment, don't copy and paste it all in ur post.. i really wish ppl would stop doing that...

-joll

Thanks. In your Dad's vlited Ultimate x64, did you choose to skip user creation as well so that the only account after install is the "GOD account"? Where do I find the last session.ini? The PC I made this vlited disk in has already been reformatted so if it was in vlite's directory it's gone already.

Edited by IsLNdbOi

yes, i did skip user creation on that. tested it in a vm too. i didnt get a prompt to create a new user. the last session.ini is in the vlite directory (it keeps a history of them), and a copy is also made in the root of the install, so if u still have the burned dvd or the iso, it's in there.

-joll