Sata Drives In Boot Floppy Disk ?

begey

thanks to this forum I learnt how to include SATA drivers in the unattended installation cd.

well, great, I wouldn't have got there even if I had attended microsoft certified courses for two years (though I would have learned all those other interesting things, on how windows is the best of the systems ever and open source is against democracy and freedom)

now I wonder, is there any way I can load these drivers in dos, to create a dos boot disk?

my only HDD is SATA and loading a boot disk I can only see the cd.

The driver is VIA VT6420, I tried naively to add the viasraid.sys that is used by XP to the list of devices to be loaded from the boot disk but obviously it doesn't work (though it creates a scary matrix-like sequance of numbers that never ends :) ).

I don't seem to see specific dos drivers on the VIA website, nor on the website of Biostar (the maker of my small IDEQ N200).

any suggestion is welcomed.

I assume you have a floppy with the drivers on it. Just press F6 when windows setup first begins off the CD (which I assume you're booting from) to add additional devices. Point it the floppy drive and you're on your way.

no problem with F6...

but I really want to boot in DOS and see my letters there.

I am trying to have a floppy boot disk that I can use to build a bootable ghost disk for backup purposes.

so this is not exactly an unattended cd thing. I guess I should start a new thread but I am posting here since it seems that this is the thread where people in the knowledge hangs around, and I am a newbie anyway so I don't dare to start a new thread (I am not even allowed, probably).