[HELP] Network problem i need to monitor...

Hi all, i need your help with something i have a network contain about 300 machines and they are connected via switches some machines on one branch crash to the network i know that cause when i turn off all machines in this building network working fine, but i want to isolate the problem, so i think i need to monitor the traffic from all machines to get which one cause these problems any software recommendations?

Being that you're working on a Sunday and can shut all the machines in the building down, I'm assuming the place is closed. So I'd try a slightly more low-tech approach.

If the network is fine with all machines off start there, and then turn the machines on one at a time. Keep an eye on the switch to see which machine makes it light up like a christmas tree.

A quik burst of activity is normal as it anonuces itself on the wire, but if it continues then you've got either a chatty NIC, or a tweaker that has borked their workstation.

Just a Thought

Stoic Joker

Stoic Joker, thanks so much for informing him, Woomera i think i know a lot more than you so don't try to judge about people and try to learn something useful better, and by the way i just checked your earlier posts, and i recommend you to get Windows XP track before you try to reply to anymore posts :).

Edited by XP_2600