Reg tweak to disable IE7 to ask for permission to download?

Hi,

I hunted this tweak down personally not long ago now (found it on the official MS site, believe it or not). I've posted it in this thread that contains many more IE7 tweaks that you'll likely find useful.

For your convenience:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3] 
"2200"=dword:00000000

laze :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I hunted this tweak down personally not long ago now (found it on the official MS site, believe it or not). I've posted it in this thread that contains many more IE7 tweaks that you'll likely find useful.

For your convenience:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3] 
"2200"=dword:00000000

laze :-)

For some odd reasons, the settings are not applied. Did it worked in your unattended install?

No,

I don't believe it did, though I'm not at my computer at the moment so cannot confirm this (I've recently done a rebuild).

It may be a setting that needs to be applied after Internet Explorer's setup has completed (first logon). Alternatively if you use this add-on placing the tweak in the mentioned *.inf file may work.

I've finished my unattended install until SP3's released, but do let me know your findings.

The tweak itself definitely works if applied within Windows.

laze.