What Are These Part Worth?

ringfinger

Gang,

Looking to upgrade the core components of my machine and I have a buyer looking to buy used parts. Just curious what the general depreciation is and what you think they'd be worth. They have been in use for a little over a year.

ASUS P5WD2 Premium Mobo

3.4GHz P4 Prescott

Zalman 9500

4x512mb Crucial Ballistix PC2 6400

The hardware is still very stable and in great physical shape. However I'm looking to upgrade to an E6600 with a ASUS P5W DH DELUXE Mobo and 2GB of Ballistix 8500 w/ a Zalman 9700.

Any help in trying to figure out individual costs would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

can you try to find the current retail prices of all of the parts you want to sell? such as at newegg? then we should be able to get an idea on what to make them as used.

btw, good decision on upgrading to C2D.

ASUS P5WD2P - Paid: $252.50

Current Retail Average - ~$170.00 ? (Hard to find good reliable sources)

Intel 3.4GHz P4 Prescott - Paid: $269.00

Current Retail Average - $100

4x512mb Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC2 6400 - Paid: $198.98 (2x512 Initial Build) + $140 (2x512 Upgrade) = $340

Current Retail Average - 2x512 @ Newegg = $133.99 * 2 = $268

Zalman 9500 - Paid: $65.00

Current Retail Average - $53.99 @ Newegg

Total Paid: $926.50

Current Retail: $591.99

Hope this will help.. certainly gave me perspective through research. My ultimate goal is mainly the E6600 with a high end mobo like the one mentioned earlier. Obviously the more cash obtained through selling these parts the easier it'll be to buy the latest and greatest.

Thanks for any help in trying to figure out the worth after a year of use.

-Ringfinger

well now that you know what they are worth new, you need to try to get the most you can out of them... take like 100$ off, if the buyer wants it for cheaper, then take a little more off if you want to.

take like 100$ off, if the buyer wants it for cheaper, then take a little more off if you want to.

What I'm looking for is a general depreciation, just like any asset and especially with computers they depreciate quickly.

I don't think $450 is asking to much, would you? I mean the only things left to buy for the buyer would be a case, HD, PSU, DVD drive. Few extra hundred...

Alright, we'll see if I can get at least that. That would get me the E6600 and the ASUS P5WDH! Now the only thing I need to decide is do I want to keep the PC2 6400 Ballistix I already have or buy the PC2 8500. What do you think, is the upgrade from 800 to 1066 worth it? Just trying to stay inline with the CPU FSB.

Cool, thanks Ripken. You know I'm leaning towards the ASUS P5WDH, I don't really need the Wifi and have read a few bad reviews on Newegg regarding the SATA controllers and other things. What would be the best high end board in your opinion to host the E6600 as well as future upgrades?

Wait before you buy your new motherboard. The new P35 chipsets are about to go fully retail and the X38 chipset (the direct replacement for the 975X) will be launched in Q3 of this year.

Wait before you buy your new motherboard. The new P35 chipsets are about to go fully retail and the X38 chipset (the direct replacement for the 975X) will be launched in Q3 of this year.

ya that would be sweet to have. but ddr3 is suppose to cost ALOT since everyone is concentrating on ddr2 right now.