Virtual Memory Limit lifted?

DysfunktinaL

Okay, so..... I was running DxDiag to get a printout of my sys specs for a friend, when I noticed my pagefile was only ~3g max. I have 2g physical, so I realized I never went and changed my virtual memory after I formated last month. So I went into the settings, and punched in 4096, but then I couldn't remember if that was the max, or if it was something close to that, so I just punched in 5555 in the max, so I could get the error, and have it tell me.... except.... it didn't error. It accepted 5555 as a valid ammount. To test this, I punched in 9999 for the min, and 99999 as the max. It then accepted that, but did give me a warning that I did not have that much full space on the drive, and it would result in the pagefile eating memory untill the drive was out of free space.

I was using Windows Remote Desktop Connection at the time, so I don't know if that is the cause of this or something. Any ideas?

If you have PAE enabled (either specifically in boot.ini, or have a hardware DEP-capable processor installed), then the limit is not 4GB (it's actually 32 or 64GB, depending on hardware). If you do not have PAE enabled, the limit is 4092 for pagefile size.