removing vista from HD

rodthugfl

hi, i bought this gateway computer in best buy today and it came with windows vista home premium 32-bit. came to my attention that i cant run a game that i like playing alot... now i have a windows xp cd which i tried to boot the system on so i could delete the partition which vista would be installed it, but surprise, when i get to that blue screen and i look for a partition i dont see nothing but about 3 or 4 rows (where the partition should be showing) saying there is no drivers. either option i pick will result in a error blue screen and the pc will shutdown automatically..

so does anyone have a solution for me? i hate this OS. i want the old windows xp which i never had a problem with.... microsoft just wants more money... more problems for us, more sulution for them, more money for them.....

b.s

k i just proof read what i wrote up there, im sorry i doubt anyone would understand much i said... problem is i tried formatting the HD with a win XP and once i got to delete or make an partition screen i had this "Unknown disk (there is no disk in this drive).

so i spent another 2 hrs messing around with the boot cd the pc came with, i deleted the partition from the windows vista boot cd, i even deleted the recover partition but even that didnt change a thing once i switced back to the xp cd...

if theres no solution to this im going back today to return this pc.

It sounds like the Hard Disk drive needs a special driver to recognize. I don't know anything about, so I can't be of any help when it comes to that part of it.

What I would suggest though, is trying to see if the game will run under compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2. If not, then go from there.

Good luck :)