Applications Silent Installation

does anyone knows how to silent install these programs and attach it in my unattended XP CD?

winamp 2.81

realone player v2

quicktime player 6.1

Download Accelerator plus 5.3.

Internet Explorer 6 SP1

and do i have to install the "Internet Explorer 6 SP1" if i slipstreamed the Rollup and the next hotfixes?

Winamp will ask you some questions after the setup so you can't really silently install it. As for Realone, you should use RealAlternative and silently install it with the /VERYSILENT switch. You also don't need to slipstream ie6 SP1 after you install the rollup.

i tried silently installin Real Atlernative and it had me select a couple options at the very end even though i used the VERYSILENT switch.

Quicktime, use the search tool at the top, and search for "Quicktime"

i know i saw somewhere that someone posted it

realone player is filled with holes and glitches and uses up too much system resources, realalternative just uses the realplayer dlls to run the rm and ram files on the computer using a media player (Media Player Classic).

As for DAP and quicktime i don't know, try the unattended cd sub site for these progz. Btw, quicktime 6.4 was just released so 6.1 is a bit outdated.

i tried silently installin Real Atlernative and it had me select a couple options at the very end even though i used the VERYSILENT switch.

That was a programming error in RealAlt 1.09. I read somewhere that the programmer was going to fix it in RealAlt 1.10, and it's been released these past few days.

• 5 months later...

You need to complete the 'verysilent' switch;

C:\path_to_application\program.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-

Optional: /NORESTART

Good luck!

ah no.

it was a bug in a previous version of the Real Alt. that i was using, it's since been fix.

it was the window where you have to tell it Speeds and whatnot.

It's been fixed.

Does anyone hate it when it's been a few months AND then someone reply's after you've long since got the answer? :)

thnx anyway slimshady

I use the following code to install WinAmp (I'm using 5.03a):

ECHO.

ECHO Installing WinAmp 5 ...

start /high /wait %A%\WinAmp5\WinAmp5.exe /S

taskkill /IM winamp.exe /F

taskkill /IM winampa.exe /F

Winamp comes up with a window that asks you registration questions - but using TASKKILL to kill the process works like a champ.

Do that, and remove the Winamp Agent from the startup group, and you'll be fine. I would think it works with older versions of Winamp but don't quote me. That will get you started.

JP