Help deploying captured image via bdd 2007

I am trying to make a image for about 40 laptops I need to deploy. I have captured the image using image x. I would like to deploy this via BDD 2007. I can deploy the image using image x /apply however, it boots up with an errorr and i have to run a repair with the vista disk to fix it. This is hokey! I want this to work correctly.

Anyways I am trying to deploy this image via bdd 2007. I have deployed a fresh install just fine, however when I try to deploy the captured image I will go through all the setup prompts during setup until I come to a selection box that says There are no Images available and the install halts. I know I am missing a step. Can someone point me in the correct direction.

Thanks

M

I did not use sysprep. I was trying to preserve the profiles and fingerprint settings for the local administrator accounts. I am choosing to add the machines to the domain by hand as I do not trust any automated script to touch my domain controller. Could it be that it does not recognize it as a valid image because it is not syspreped? I will try and choose the sysprep selection and see if it works. Thanks for the idea.

Mark

if the hardware are all the same then it mayvbe that vista detects a different harddrive. you can try this code for fixing the boot sector check.

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device boot 
bcdedit /set {default} device boot
bcdedit /set {default} osdevice boot

this is what i did when we used ghost cause we wanted are settings.

Tried the sysprep Idea and still have the same message. "There are no Images Available" There has to be a way to deploy a captured image via bdd 2007.

Anyone have any more Ideas.

M

• 1 month later...
Tried the sysprep Idea and still have the same message. "There are no Images Available" There has to be a way to deploy a captured image via bdd 2007.

Anyone have any more Ideas.

M

This happens when you have a product key different from your captured image in your Unattend.xml file. So, if you capture a Ultimate image and your Unattend.xml file has a Home Premium key you'll get that result. This can be verified by removing the product key entry in your answer file and then doing the restore and "skipping" the entry of the product key. You'll find it'll work successfully.

Edited by Metzen