AutoLogin Woes - Novell Client

First let me start off by giving you all a little background on what my situation is.

I am working on making a sysprepped Master Image for my employer. The computers are all XP sp2, and are using the Novell Client for Windows 4.91 SP2. It is working 99.99%, the only problem being I cannot get Autologin to work at all.

I would like the computer to autologin as the LOCAL administrator. I have tried many many many different things, and have had no success at all :(

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taylor

I would like the computer to autologin as the LOCAL administrator. I have tried many many many different things, and have had no success at all

Which of the following describes what you are trying to do?

Auto login to NDS and NT

Auto login to NDS and manual login to NT

Auto login to NT and manual Login to NDS

Auto login to NT and disable login to NDS

Manual login to NDS and NT

Novell Documentation:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/noclie...ta/a3hfqfm.html

http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/Solutions/10052847.html

I'm not 100% sure. I've been a windows guy for the past 6 years, and am just getting into novell, so please bear with me. I would like the computer to autologin as if the "workstation only" box was checked using the local administrator account. I believe that this is the same as "Auto login to NT and disable login to NDS", but I don't want to disable login to NDS permanently, just for the first autologin. another side note, we don't have an active directory domain at all, I would be authenticating against the local box.

I will read the documentation (although i'm pretty sure it is what I have already tried... I must just be doing something wrong...)

Taylor

ok, I have tested these settings out on a machine that had already been imaged, and I got it working. However, once i changed the registry in the image, and pushed the image out to a machine it did not work. I then compared the settings in the registry on the newly imaged machine to what should have been there, and found that the AutoAdminLogon in the winlogon key was missing.

I think this has something to do with the fact that this image is a sysprep image. I think somewhere in mini-setup the AutoAdminLogon is being removed... not 100% sure on that, but i think. I'll keep this thread updated with my progress.

T

It would appear that mini-setup was deleting the autologon key. I had to merge a reg file with the autologon key in it back into the registry using runonce (this will run during mini-setup... i can't get cmdlines to work for the life of me. :P)

T