Nero 7 Lite/Micro 7.9.6.0

Major

I get the same error as anonymous_user when I try to run Nero or CoverDesigner. I deleted everything regarding Nero in the folders and registry before. Of course, my Key is valid and the AutoIt script ran, because the key got entered.

Edited by Dynaletik

I'm sorry but I accidently removed some Vista-specific code. I have configured VMWare again to also do some Vista testing.

Furthermore I have reverted all changes to nps.dll to avoid some warnings.

Please test again, but make sure to uninstall Nero 7 Lite first.

http://www5.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=48693

I'm glad also the serial generation works with Vista.

EDIT: Your new setup works great here. No error, everything is fine!

Could you tell me what you changed? Did you activate the OS_MajorVersion=6 and OS_MinorVersion=0 RegEntries in your .iss? I see that they are commented out in the SDK.

EDIT2: Ok, I now tested to build an german Nero 7 Lite with your SDK again, this time I added the 2 RegKeys and it works now!!!

Thank you very much Acheron!

Edited by Dynaletik

The file download at http://www5.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=48693 is the micro version-14.8mb, no lite version. It installs without error, plus it does all, burning, erasing etc. without incident, but, this is the Micro version. Thanks very much Major and Acheron for a great release.

Edited by RickSteele

Just some beta-testing info for ya, Ach.

I just reformatted my PC a few hours ago. I installed your old Nero Micro 7.7.5.1 (like I usually do) and burned a couple of DVD's with it. Then I decided to check back here to see if there was any news on Nero 7.10.1.0, and there was, so I downloaded this version:

http://www5.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=48693

I installed it on top of the 7.7.5.1. The serial I had used previously to install 7.7.5.1 was already displayed in the serial key field during installation, so I just kept clicking "Next". When I start up Nero, I get the infamous #5305 error.

:huh:

So... I re-installed 7.10.1.0, this time using a different serial key from one of the dozens of Nero CDs I have lying around. When I start up Nero this time, I get the "Your serial code supports more features. Would you like to update?" message. (Not the exact wording, I know, but close enough.) I say "Cancel", and.... voila!!

I don't know if you'll EVER be able to get the activation perfect, but it seems to work OK. Hope this helps someone. ;)

PS: Still needs a little shrinkage. Prolly reshacking. Oh, and the download at "Rapid" Upload is anything but. Dirt slow!! :P

Edited by RaGhul

RaGhul, my newest installer checks if you have already entered a serial before. Previous Nero 7 Lite releases didn't activate entered serials. Maybe I can add a method to see if the serial is activated or not in final release.

There's still a bug that Nero ProductSetup can't get started from within Nero Burning Rom. I know how to solve it but I have to write the full path to a SQLite database, adding more weight to the package (0.2MB) :}

Edited by Acheron

0.2 megs? Geez, that much? :P

Do it!!

Personally, I don't know how you figured out all that Nero ProductSetup stuff. I mean, making an Inno package using your SDK (or Major's) is pretty straight-forward. No programming necessary. But the in's and out's of Nero activation are just WAY too complex.

I realize that Ahead prolly set things up that way on purpose to thwart hackers (and maybe even to prevent projects like NeroMicro), but I think perhaps it is a little over-zealous (i.e., DRM, aggressive Sony protection schemes, trigger-happy/false-positive antivirus apps, etc, etc)

Well, it's WAY over my head. But if you wanna explain Nero's activation process more clearly to us in a PDF or something, Ach, well then I'm ALL EARS. :D

I have a trouble with NeroBurnRights from Nero7960_rus_lite.exe

NeroLight installed on CLEAN windows XP sp2 eng

All NeroBurnRights controls are grey.

And than I press "reset rights" button, message "Can't reset rights" appeared.

post-19673-1185804713_thumb.png

@Acheron

UPDATE

I just installed 7.10.1.0 on a clean install of Windows...

Got the same "Upgrade" message (using a Premium Nero key). I just hit "Cancel", after which I got a stop/error message, but it disappeared so quickly I didn't have time to read it.

No biggie, though. On first run, everything works. ;)

PS: Couldn't you make Nero Micro 7.10.1.0 activate the same way your 7.7.5.1 did? Might not be as correct as we'd like, but it didn't give me that "Upgrade" message. :}

@Acheron

UPDATE

I just installed 7.10.1.0 on a clean install of Windows...

Got the same "Upgrade" message (using a Premium Nero key). I just hit "Cancel", after which I got a stop/error message, but it disappeared so quickly I didn't have time to read it.

No biggie, though. On first run, everything works. ;)

PS: Couldn't you make Nero Micro 7.10.1.0 activate the same way your 7.7.5.1 did? Might not be as correct as we'd like, but it didn't give me that "Upgrade" message. :}

Hi RahGul,

The activation in 7.7.5.1 used an valid Nero Express key to bypass activation, illegal according to MSFN guidelines so I removed it. The error message you receive during activation is normal. I'll look at the upgrade prompt, although I did fix your previous bug.

Edited by Acheron

i'm using nero micro 7.9.6.0 and eveytime i create a dvd-video, the dvd plays just fine on computers, but when tried on several home theaters, the dvd is constantly skipping and jumping ahead.

anybody else have this problem?