Nero 7 Lite/Micro 7.9.6.0

Major

Glad to see you're back, Ach!! :thumbup

P.S. I'm not going to include StartSmart, Recode or Vision.

Thank the stars for THAT!!

If you need help with anything, count me in. I can also help with the Spanish translation if you need it. After getting a good look at the insides of your Nero, I think it all works really well. I kinda think you may have skimmed the icons a little bit too much though (with ResHack), because you CAN notice some pixelation on the desktop icon. I was going to alter mine to leave the 48x48 icons in. I agree with you that everything above that, though, is ABSOLUTE OVERKILL. I think the only reason Ahead decided to make them that big is for people who like to play with their desktops in Vista. ;)

I also noticed in the SDK (and your last version, 7751), you forgot to add the "/w" parameter to the desktop icon for Nero Express.

icon_pm.gif me anytime!

Edited by RaGhul

Is this lite version of nero (7.9.6.0) supposed to work with DVD Shrink as it keeps saying nero isn't installed on this machine I've just built. Using 2 x Pioneer 112's. Reinstalled after installing nero lite still no go.

Slipstreamed XP Pro SP2 RVMed 2.1.10

Gigabyte DS3

2GB RAM

Edited by Tasslehoff

@OuTmAn

If you talk about the silent install, you must put: /NOICONS to not create start menu folder.

@Tasslehoff

I think is a problem of the files unicode from nero because i have seen a few applications like nerocmd.exe, nerogadget and dvdshrink they don´t work with the unicode files, so it can be fixed adding the required files (not in unicode).

Best Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this might be off topic but I'm getting the following error when attempting to create a nero7 lite addon.

Using nerolite, a switch that works when run from the command like, and the nlite addon maker I receive the following error when run as part of windows setup or when extracting the .exe from the .cab and attempting to run it as is.

This is the switch: /SILENT /NOREBOOT /USER="username" /COMPANY="companyname" /SERIAL=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN

untitledup4.jpg

Sorry if this is a noob error. This is my first attempt at creating an addon.

Edited by arctirus

Sorry if this might be off topic but I'm getting the following error when attempting to create a nero7 lite addon.

Using nerolite, a switch that works when run from the command like, and the nlite addon maker I receive the following error when run as part of windows setup or when extracting the .exe from the .cab and attempting to run it as is.

This is the switch: /SILENT /NOREBOOT /USER="username" /COMPANY="companyname" /SERIAL=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx /WRITE_SN

untitledup4.jpg

Sorry if this is a noob error. This is my first attempt at creating an addon.

Remove ALL the quotes from /USER and /COMPANY... (this is a limitation with 7zip sfx)

Also it will not write your username because you use spaces and cant use quotes in the config.txt :(

I use WPI but maybe WinRAR SFX is the way to go for you

Ah, that explains it. I did end up finding a solution, one I didn't think would work but I gave it a try anyway.

I used symantec auto-install to create a before and after snapshot of the install then created a switchless exe from that. although those usually don't work as part of the install I have had great success in using them in the runonce.

gah, now that I think about it, I could have skipped that step and put the nerolite installer in my runonce folder and used the switch with the batch file. Oh well, seems to work either way!

Thanks!