Nero 7 Lite/Micro 7.9.6.0

Major

Just curious... Has anyone had any issues with any other burning software installed after installing the newest Nero??

I still havent tried Major's final yet (I still have my Micro I made last week installed) but Ive noticed now that if I try to burn with EAC, my burns stop after the lead in is written and it begins on track 1. Fails everytime.

Only change to my system I can think of is updating to this latest Nero version..

Unless of course I missed some system update in Vista I didnt see get installed..

@cyberloner

Yes you can stop it if you make your own release, so you can disable the lines where they are executed the archives concerning the registration.

@slavestate

Only i use nero to burn, i am sorry. perhpas someone can help you.

Best Regards

Hi Major,

I think I may have found a way to install Nero without loading up Nero at the end for activation. This is using version 7.9.6.0.

I simply used the AdvrCntr2.dll file from your SDK (Not 7.9.6.0) and the following reg entries..

Root: HKLM; Subkey: Software\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info; ValueName: User; ValueType: string; ValueData: {code:GetName}; Flags: uninsdeletekey
Root: HKLM; Subkey: Software\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info; ValueName: Company; ValueType: string; ValueData: {code:GetOrganisation}; Flags: uninsdeletekey
Root: HKLM; Subkey: Software\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info; ValueName: Serial7; ValueType: string; ValueData: {#SerialNumber}; Flags: uninsdeletekey

I simple used Serial7 instead of Serial7_XXXXXXXX that Nero generates after activation which is different by machine and version. Plus a valid serial number. I use my #SerialNumber variable, but you can use {code:GetSerial}. Same result.

I've tested this on clean installs of Windows XP SP2 and Windows 2003 Server (Not tested on Vista, but I'd imagine it would work), and Nero loads up fully registered. Just gotta make sure MissingFilesState is set to 0. (Otherwise it complains about components not installed)

If I use the AdvrCntr2.dll file from version 7.9.6.0. It gives that Error #5035 blah blah etc..

Just wondering where you got this file from and which version of Nero it was from?

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks,

fusi0n.

I explain you: If you register only that file and work with it, you will get some errors with some dialog. When they updated nero, also they have updated some dialog, so you have to work with the newest file,

That is why i only use the oldest file to register the serial number and then work with the newest file.

perhaps they have not made many changes in the newest file regarding to the oldest, only they have blacklisted the register of the serial, so it can work with the oldest, but just in case and to no get errors, i let the newest file.

Fixed and updated the Slovenian Language due to an error of an unapropiate translation, it was fixed by @amitri

Best Regards

I explain you: If you register only that file and work with it, you will get some errors with some dialog. When they updated nero, also they have updated some dialog, so you have to work with the newest file,

That is why i only use the oldest file to register the serial number and then work with the newest file.

perhaps they have not made many changes in the newest file regarding to the oldest, only they have blacklisted the register of the serial, so it can work with the oldest, but just in case and to no get errors, i let the newest file.

Fixed and updated the Slovenian Language due to an error of an unapropiate translation, it was fixed by @amitri

Best Regards

Ah ok, I understand now.

Which version of Nero did you get that AdvrCntr2.dll file from by the way?

Hmm, so it's the AdvrCtr2.dll file that's causing all the problems. I had thought it was that myself. I think Acheron ResHack'ed it in the past to get his to work.

Thx for the info, fusi0n. Hopefully, I can put it to good use!! ;)

BTW, anyone got some tips/tutorials on using InnoSetup Form Designer? I'm pretty sure I'll have to re-do the form to get the activation to work correctly.

Edited by RaGhul

What happened to Acheron anyway?

Also, his last release, Nero v7.7.5.1 Micro v1.7.2.2 is within 13MB. Same goes to his older Micro installers.

Major's Micro at 20MB region, so it makes me wonder what Acheron did to his package ;)

Anyhow, credits to Acheron and Major for their great work bringing Lite/Micro to all!

What happened to Acheron anyway?

I wish I knew. :( I think he has a "day job", which (unfortunately for us) takes precedence over Nero Micro. But, thankfully, good guys like Major have filled the void, so I'd say the project is in good hands. ;)

Also, his last release, Nero v7.7.5.1 Micro v1.7.2.2 is within 13MB. Same goes to his older Micro installers.

Major's Micro at 20MB region, so it makes me wonder what Acheron did to his package

Acheron used ResHack to get rid of alot of useless/oversized icons (among other things).

I, myself, have also been busy trying to put food on the table (sigh), but I truly plan to put up a slightly smaller version in a day or two. We'll see. (Fingers crossed.)

;)

It's nice to see that some people have token up where I left. After a break I now have started work on Nero 7 Lite again to hopefully make at least some people happy.

I'm still looking for a Danish and a Korean translator. Maybe there are also some feature requests. Please put them down here.

P.S. I'm not going to include StartSmart, Recode or Vision.

Edited by Acheron