How to edit OS selection list?

Woomera

ok i searched a little the help&support but didnt find anything.how can i edit the startup os selection?

also wanted to know how to remove the windows defender?

try vLite it can remove defender and make dvd/cd unattended (no need for os selection). you can find it here

ok i searched a little the help&support but didnt find anything.how can i edit the startup os selection?

also wanted to know how to remove the windows defender?

If you want to change the name of what on the Boot menu then read this Thread

Here is a HTA, that I made into a SFX file so it act like a exe. This will change what appears on the Boot Menu.

ChangeVistaBoot.exe

i guess i described it wrong for u guys.

i dont wanna change the name i wanna edit the list.in winxp in system properties>advanced>startup and recovery there was an edit botton that would open a txt file which u could edit the list of os's and of course their name as they appear in system startup.also you could add an os pointing to an specific driver with some parameters or remove an os.thats what i wanna do,i formatted the partition with winxp on and now i wanna remove it from the list.

try vLite it can remove defender and make dvd/cd unattended (no need for os selection).

i know i can remove it with vlite but i wanna remove it from my current installed vista :ph34r:

yep i found the tool and also found the commands for bcedit.exe to change it manualy.thanks anyway.

i prefer to uninstall it as its so useless when u have Spybot installed but disabling it will work too.thanks :thumbup