Vista Key

BombaTwist

So i have my friends Windows Vista Home CD. It came with the cd key and all. My friend hasn't installed vista yet, since hes been hearing about all the negatives about it. So i decided to borrow it and install it, just to experiment with it.

My question is that, since im going to install vista with the provided cd-key, will he be able to use the key since i already used the key? i don't wanna screw his vista by me experimenting with it.

When you ae in the Vista installer, you will come to a screen which asks for a key. Leave the key field blank and uncheck 'Activate Automatically." When you attempt to go past this screen, Vista will give you a warning and ask if you want to enter a key. Tell it no, and Vista will then prompt you to ask what version of the OS you want to install. It tells you that you must choose the version you have a key for, but you can actually choose any of them. Make your selection and check the acknowledgement message at the bottom and then countinue on with the installation. When the installation completes, the version of Vista you selected willl be running in trial mode - and, more importantly, your friend's legitimate key will not be compromised.

Trial mode is a built-in, fully functional demonstration mode of Vista which allows you to see it before you decide whether to buy or not. You can do anything in trial mode that you can ina fully activated copy, with no restrictions. When the trial-mode runs out, however, the OS will enter into what is called Reduced Functionality Mode which allows you to do nothing other than enter a new key, activate the system, or surf the web. All other functionlity is disabled.

If 30-days is not enough time for you, Microsoft does allow the trial mode to be extended for 30-days (from the day you extend it, not cumulatively). In order to do this, open a command prompt with administrator privileges and enter the command

SLMGR.VBS -ReARM

You may do this a maximum of three times - giving a potential maximum of 120 days to test the OS before you make your decision.

And before anyone tries to claim this is somehow enabling sofware piracy, this information has been published by Microsoft and is completely within the bounds of their End User License Agreement (EULA). This is a legitimate trial mode which Microsoft has made available to the public.

If 30-days is not enough time for you, Microsoft does allow the trial mode to be extended for 30-days (from the day you extend it, not cumulatively). In order to do this, open a command prompt with administrator privileges and enter the command

SLMGR.VBS -ReARM

You may do this a maximum of three times - giving a potential maximum of 120 days to test the OS before you make your decision.

And before anyone tries to claim this is somehow enabling sofware piracy, this information has been published by Microsoft and is completely within the bounds of their End User License Agreement (EULA). This is a legitimate trial mode which Microsoft has made available to the public.

Actually, you can get a year out of it:

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2007/03/15/by...nd-slmgr-rearm/

uncheck the auto register (something like that) option when installing. I bought the ultimate version and installed it on 3 of my pc's just to see what it was like. But I didn't register it once windows was installed. However when I cam e to register it I had one hell of a time as MS thought it had been installed on multiple machines. It wasn't until is said I had uninstalled it from all the other machines I was given a key.

Guest vinod210383

* MESSAGE DELETED *

we dont discuss warez @ MSFN.

Edited by Shark007
WAREZ DISCUSSION DELETED