Wmp9 Opk

I downloaded the OPK's from

http://msfnforum.cjb.net/

DX9 installed great without a switch

OK problem...

I tried intalling WMP9 without a switch and it poped up and asked me to accept install.

Then I did /? and it said /Q = Quiet

I tried again useing the /Q switch and it fixed that but I got a popup saying system restore was disabled did I really want to install. It suggested I cancel and turn system restore back on before installing.

Any help would be appreciated

It has to do with a "disablesystemrestore" or "disallowsystemrestore" switch (whatevah...). AaronXP has posted about it, but you will have to do the search to find it. The WMP9 and MM2 combination and DX9, from the same site, are switchless, silent installations, you have the standard WMP9 web download (I believe...).

Oh, you had to make me work!

setup.exe /Q:A /R:N
mpsetup.exe /Q:A /R:N /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /NoPID /DisallowSystemRestore"

Those are the commands used inside the combined installer, the first being MM2, the second WMP9. Inisde the combination is (I believe...) the file that is used above. The message does not chow in GuiRunOnce, as SystemRestore is running (maybe...)

can i ask what is diffrence between this windows media player 9 (OPK) and the one i already have which is the standard one you download, both i think can be automated install but i am confused.

Please Explain somebody

What extras exactly are bundled inside the OPK version? Does it include the WMP9 Bonus Pack?

I recently burned an unattended XP CD with the seperate WMP9 OPK referenced in svcpack.inf and existing in "I386\Update". Am I gonna have problems now when I test it?

I don't know where Dave got the idea it contains more stuff, its just a switchless installation that OEMs use when they make System Restore CDs for their users.

I recently burned an unattended XP CD with the seperate WMP9 OPK referenced in svcpack.inf and existing in "I386\Update". Am I gonna have problems now when I test it?

afaik, only dx9ntopk.exe and wmp9mm2.exe are switchless. The seperated WMP9 and MM2 aren't.

As Aaron said, both for the fact that they are just switchless (no extras), and that only DX9 and WMP9_MM2 are switchless (true OPK). These are developed to go in the OPK (OEM Pre-installation Kit). Just a convienience, though one could easily do something similar with IExpress, WinRAR, WinZip, etc.

I don't know where Dave got the idea it contains more stuff, its just a switchless installation that OEMs use when they make System Restore CDs for their users.

afaik, only dx9ntopk.exe and wmp9mm2.exe are switchless. The seperated WMP9 and MM2 aren't.

it contains sample videos and sample music which the other version doesnt i am sure that it has sample videos because i find stuff on the C:\ to do with it??