Problem integrating sata drivers to WinPE

Hy Guys, I'm sorry for my poor english, but I will try to do my best....

I am trying to integrate my sata/raid drivers to windows vista installation DVD using the

FireGeier method but It doesn't works at all!!!

I have tried to do the injecting method and the dvd/usb stick method but nothing of them has worked: I always receive the message box that says that boot critical drivers are not valid, then the installation stops, I have tried to change some settings, some variables, but the results been the same...

Someone has the solution? I have been searching for this problem all around the forum but I have always founded the same solution I have used, without success.....

Thank you very much

Bye

Hello smileface!

First of all the driver installation from media (DVD, Stick etc.) will not work for bootcritical drivers like your SATA driver.

But the injection method supposed to do that. So what kind of driver you want to install exactly? Could you please post you inject log file. And do you have injected the driver to the right image?

Regards,

Martin

First of all the driver installation from media (DVD, Stick etc.) will not work for bootcritical drivers like your SATA driver.

But the injection method supposed to do that. So what kind of driver you want to install exactly?

ok, I had not understood that difference...

I have to install sata driver for initial hd recognize during setup, I will retry with the inject method then I'll post you the results.

And do you have injected the driver to the right image?

What is the right image? I suppose boot.wim, but the first o the second sub-image?

Thank you again.

Bye

Hello smileface!

The second one is the subimage that boots to Vista setup, BUT my injection method is for install.wim only. If you want to integrate drivers into PE image, than you have to use peimg command line tool. So try out Mercury_22 batch, cause it's using peimg command for integration.

Regards,

Martin

Hello smileface!

The second one is the subimage that boots to Vista setup, BUT my injection method is for install.wim only. If you want to integrate drivers into PE image, than you have to use peimg command line tool. So try out Mercury_22 batch, cause it's using peimg command for integration.

Regards,

Martin

The peimg method works correctly, thank you very much!

Bye

Edited by smileface

Hello smileface!

But the injection method supposed to do that. So what kind of driver you want to install exactly? Could you please post you inject log file. And do you have injected the driver to the right image?

Regards,

Martin

It worked with my Si3112 SATA controller, i added the si3112 drivers to the x:\drivers folder (added the driversroot.txt to X:\) and

it worked (Windows PE)