Q about SVCPACK - reg file doesn't apply?

vci

this happens only when i set recovery console to install in hfanswers.ini

this problem is not related to the recovery console problem

but i always install over the network ...

what makes me wonder, why is the reg stuff at the end? why is it regedit /s and not -s?

@ECHO OFF

IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\CMDOW.EXE CMDOW @ /HID

Title HFSLIP

FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\I386\SVCPACK SET HFSLIP=%%i:\I386

START/WAIT MSIEXEC /i %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\msdrmclient.msi /qn /norestart ALLUSERS=1

START/WAIT MSIEXEC /i %HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\rmclientbackcompat.msi /qn /norestart ALLUSERS=1

%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe %HFSLIP%\authroots.sst

%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe %HFSLIP%\updroots.sst

%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe -l %HFSLIP%\roots.sst

%HFSLIP%\updroots.exe -d %HFSLIP%\delroots.sst

IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\WEBVW.DLL DEL/Q/F %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\webvw.dll

COPY/Y %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\webvw2.dll %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\webvw.dll

DEL/Q/F %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\webvw.dll

REN %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\webvw2.dll webvw.dll

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %SYSTEMROOT%\HFSLPGUI\HFSLPGUI.INF,HFSLIPGUI

rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess

IF EXIST %SYSTEMROOT%\*.TMP (

ATTRIB -R %SYSTEMROOT%\*.TMP

DEL/Q/F %SYSTEMROOT%\*.TMP

)

START/WAIT %SYSTEMROOT%\REGEDIT.EXE /S "%HFSLIP%\SVCPACK\W2K.REG"

EXIT

Edited by vci

what makes me wonder, why is the reg stuff at the end? why is it regedit /s and not -s?

The reg stuff is at the end so any tweaks you do will happen as late as possible during the setup phase. The /s is the correct switch to make the reg merge silent.

Do you have a folder on any of your local drives called i386? Are other files in your svcpack being parsed?

Are you using HFSLIP for personal use?

i use hfslip and unattended.sourceforge to install windows on some thin-clients without cd/dvd drive (for personal use!)

Do you have a folder on any of your local drives called i386? Are other files in your svcpack being parsed?

no

i use hfslip and unattended.sourceforge to install windows on some thin-clients

What if they are overweight? HAHA. Can you post your sourcess\i386\svcpack.inf file?

interesting, i tested this with windows 2000, then he complains about a missing reg file when copying ...

with windows xp he won't apply the reg file, but doesn't complain about a missing reg file ...

i just leave the reg file out now, i'll search around to solve the problem

Can you run the 1.5.0 release candidate with all files in place, then ZIP up HFSLIP.CMD from SOURCESS\I386\SVCPACK and post it here?

I'm gonna modify it a little to see if I can get the %HFSLIP% variable to work over a network.