I can't access power options

Maxpayne

:realmad: So many problems... i'll start with this one. I have a laptop with xp and can't access power options through the control panel, or the system tray, or by right clicking properties on the desktop. Infact, i can't access it at all. The icons show up but when i click on them nothing happens. What this means is that my laptop goes in to standby mode every five mins so i have to sit around wiggleing the mouse until a big file downloads. This started when i unistalled my laptop makers power software but i thought i'd still be able to use the windows stuff but i can't. I can't reinstall the **** stuff because i'm getting errors with installshield, but your'll here about that in another post. So big kudos to anyone who can help me out here :thumbup

-Thanks for reading :}

What brand of laptop is it? The fact that you uninstalled your laptop manufacturer's utility suggests that something went wrong during the uninstallation.

Have you tried a system restore to a point before you uninstalled the power management software?