Windows Update Rollup 1 Question...

ok i just folloed the guide to split stream the rollup 1 into my xp disc. I had already made an unnatended xp disc before using the old method.

EDIT: I just went thru the list of updates for rollup1 and deleted all the code from my batc file relating to those updates. The remaing code that has to do with updates is:

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Windows Update Hotfixes...

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q322011...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\Q322011_WXP.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q327979...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\Q327979_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q814995...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\Q814995_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing KB282010...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-KB282010-x86-ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing KB817778...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing KB820291...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-KB820291-x86-ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing KB821253...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-KB821253-x86-ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing WindowsXP-KB824105-x86-ENU...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-KB824105-x86-ENU.exe /Q /M /Z

ECHO.

ECHO Installing q818529...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\q818529.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Updating Microsoft JavaVM to 3810

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\msjavwu.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Installing JScript 5.6...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\js56nen.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q327405...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\hu1002_pro.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Installing WindowsMedia9-KB819639-x86-ENU...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\WindowsMedia9-KB819639-x86-ENU.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Installing q822925...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\q822925.exe /Q:A /R:N

ECHO.

ECHO Installing Q823718_MDAC_SecurityPatch...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Hotfixes\Q823718_MDAC_SecurityPatch.exe /Q:A /R:N

Is there anything there that should be removed/changed, and is here abetter way to do this that doesnt involve the batch file anymore>

First of all you can check the current list of hotfixes here: http://www.MSFN.org/board/index.php?showtopic=8741

If you already slipstreamed the rollup, then adding additonal hotfixes is just a matter of dumping them into the 'update' folder and then putting in their filename and switch in svcpack.inf

Or, you can follow Numinous Alternative Hotfix installation guide: http://www.MSFN.org/board/index.php?showtopic=9762 which runs a automated batch script on several folders, seperating the Type 1 and Type 2 Hotfixes.

The page says to put the hotfixes and qchain into the update folder.

It's also up to you which method you want to go for. The Alternative method will save you a couple of seconds compared to doing it the svcpack.inf way:

Svcpack: Copy new hotfix to Update folder, add entry to svcpack.inf including the switch. Reburn CD.

Alternative GuiRunOnce: Copy hotfix to its correct folder, then reburn CD

:)

ECHO Installing Q823718 Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components

ECHO Please Wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q823718.exe /T:%systemdrive%\install\tmp /C:"%systemdrive%\install\tmp\dahotfix.exe /q /n" /Q

EXIT

im confused.. is that the same file i have already or is it something different? and where u wrote dahotfix.exe, is that what im supposed to write? or fill that in with the name of the file? lol, i need some sort of live communication like aol or msn to talk with u guys for help.. im so lost:(

Lastly, open up DOSNET.inf in the i386 directory and add the following text into the blank space you see in Notepad. (You can skip this part if you have already done the Update Rollup Slipstream):

[OptionalSrcDirs]

Update

Do i have to do this part? I already just did the update rollup1 slplit stream..

im confused.. is that the same file i have already or is it something different?  and where u wrote dahotfix.exe, is that what im supposed to write?  or fill that in with the name of the file?  lol, i need some sort of live communication like aol or msn to talk with u guys for help.. im so lost:(

tbone587, go through http://www.MSFN.org/unattended/xp/installhotfixes.htm again, because 3 of your questions were already answered in that guide.

Lastly, open up DOSNET.inf in the i386 directory and add the following text into the blank space you see in Notepad. (You can skip this part if you have already done the Update Rollup Slipstream):

[OptionalSrcDirs]

Update

Do i have to do this part?  I already just did the update rollup1 slplit stream..

:)

Ok, i just took a long time gettin the lastest hotfixes, and comparing and deleting the ones i had that rollup 1 covered. This picture also includes the recomended updates I need/want for my system. Now i am left with http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tristansmith...87/hotfixes.JPG

Which updates will work with the qchain thingy, and which do i have to put in my main batch file

Aaron, Why did you put all the files from rollup package in [ForceCopyDriverCabFiles]

section of dosnet.inf? If I'm not mistaken This section is only meant for files which exists in drivers.cab or sp1.cab which in our case they are : mrxsmb.sys, ntkrnlmp.exe, ntkrnlpa.exe and ntoskrnl.exe.

Aaron, Why did you put  all the files from rollup package in [ForceCopyDriverCabFiles]

section of dosnet.inf? If I'm not mistaken This section is only meant for files which exists in drivers.cab or sp1.cab which in our case they are : mrxsmb.sys,  ntkrnlmp.exe, ntkrnlpa.exe and ntoskrnl.exe.

That's something you'll have to ask gosh, he wrote the guide, and I put it up with images. :)

But you may be right, I remember reading somewhere that [ForceCopyDriverCabFiles] is only for files that are contained in drivers.cab