Why can't I disable the screensaver and enable 120 DPI?

Sgt_Strider

Here is my registry tweak file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

; Disable screensavers
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ScreenSaveActive"="0"
"SCRNSAVE.EXE"=""
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ScreenSaveActive"="0"
"SCRNSAVE.EXE"=""

; 120 DPI
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontDPI]
"LogPixels"=dword:00000078

Right now I'm using a program called HFSLIP for my unattended install. However, even when I use the txtsetup method, these two registry tweaks filed to work. Why is that the case? How are you guys managing to get these two tweaks to work?

A note aside...

When reg editing from SVCPACK, you should know there is no "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"; anything you code for that will be translated for "HKEY_USERS". So you're basically doing the same thing twice.

If a reg key doesn't take it can only be because it's being overwritten by something else during Windows setup. I'll check out some files in a Windows source to see which might be responsible for breaking your tweaks.

A note aside...

When reg editing from SVCPACK, you should know there is no "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"; anything you code for that will be translated for "HKEY_USERS". So you're basically doing the same thing twice.

If a reg key doesn't take it can only be because it's being overwritten by something else during Windows setup. I'll check out some files in a Windows source to see which might be responsible for breaking your tweaks.

I just copied those tweaks from the unattended forum. I hope you can figure this out as I'm counting on you!

Sgt - Here's what I have to disable my screensaver... (I cut out some pieces from my overall reg file).

"ScreenSaveActive"="1"

"ScreenSaverIsSecure"="0"

"ScreenSaveTimeOut"="900"

"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="(NONE)"

"ScreenSaveActive"="1"

"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="(NONE)"

I'm not sure if the word (NONE) means anything or not, but it's worth a shot.

As far as the 120 DPI goes, I searched the forums for you and found somthing that Professor Frink wrote on this topic. http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/inde...t21814-800.html

Sgt - Here's what I have to disable my screensaver... (I cut out some pieces from my overall reg file).

"ScreenSaveActive"="1"

"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="(NONE)"

"ScreenSaveActive"="1"

"SCRNSAVE.EXE"="(NONE)"

I'm not sure if the word (NONE) means anything or not, but it's worth a shot.

As far as the 120 DPI goes, I searched the forums for you and found somthing that Professor Frink wrote on this topic. http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/inde...t21814-800.html

I'll try out your tweak when I have time. Does it work for you?

I think Professor Frink is saying exactly what Tomcat is saying. Maybe the tweak just doesn't work?

As far as the font DPI goes...

I found font.inf, but that file -- as far as I understand it -- is some sort of "info database" which is called whenever you change the DPI and/or the codepage. What I (or you) need to find out is how the system should be set to 120dpi so that Windows setup executes the correct section from font.inf.

As far as the font DPI goes...

I found font.inf, but that file -- as far as I understand it -- is some sort of "info database" which is called whenever you change the DPI and/or the codepage. What I (or you) need to find out is how the system should be set to 120dpi so that Windows setup executes the correct section from font.inf.

lol, how am I suppose to do that?