/STARTRANT

SITREP:

WhiteBox Custom system

XP SP2B

NO FLOPPY DRIVE

CD-R-RW (brand of no concern)

USB Corsair Voyager GT 8GB

Problem:

No way to make a USB Bootable.... Google doesn't help... PLENTY of utilities however ALL STATE BOOT FILES NEEDED FROM MAKING A BOOTABLE FLOPPY.... HELLO NO FLOPPY DRIVE.... FFS

Need:

Bootable floppy image or just a **** ZIP or RAR of the files it contains.

For 2 things... XP Install from USB and Vista Install from USB

Now for vista i was using this site as it seems to be the ONLY one referenced...

http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!...!1665.entry

HOWEVER my USB or any of my 7 different size's and brands (PC Tech so yes i have 7 different USB keys of sizes and brands) DO NOT SHOW UP IN DISKPART UNDER: LIST DISK......... W T F

Wish.... Easy App that will select the USB device.... Ask for the CD installation files.... complete the task... call me in the morning.....

But realistically... instructions that actually work FFS

/ENDRANT

KK Thanks for anyone who can help with this or has advice.... i have 4 PC's and 1 Laptop and Diskpart's list disk DOES NOT list my USB devices in the list......

Use BartPE to make a BartPE USB disk and you can install Windows from BartPE environment (copy an I386 folder to USB key or another usb key).

Once on bartpe run the install like

winnt32 /syspart:C /tempdrive:C /makelocalsource

I have used that method for many systems which optical drive are dead or for notebooks without optical drive ... no problems!

EDIT: I havn't seen that topic too http://www.msfn.org/board/boot_install_USB...st&p=583477 , read that topic