Save Internet Radio

Zxian

http://www.savenetradio.org/

The future of Internet radio is in immediate danger. Royalty rates for webcasters have been drastically increased by a recent ruling and are due to go into effect on July 15 (retroactive to Jan 1, 2006!). If the increased rates remain unchanged, the majority of webcasters will go bankrupt and silent on this date. Internet radio needs your help! The Internet Radio Equality Act has recently been introduced in both the House (H.R. 2060) and Senate (S. 1353) to save the Internet radio industry. Please call your senators and your representative to ask them to co-sponsor the Internet Radio Equality Act by clicking below.

I listen to quite a bit of online radio, but I don't live in the states, so there isn't much that I can do about it. If you do live in the US, please contact your government representatives, otherwise a lot of the great internet radio sites will be forced to shut down!

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with Internet Radio is that it is pre-recorded and since the internet is uncensored we expect people on Radio to talk about whatever they want to but that is not how it is going down now is it?

No.

They are trying to be proffessional jugheads who is trying to stay in bounds of radio rules and the thing is in order to listen to internet Radio you need to get some sorta program and load that or use the built in radio tuner if you have one.

Solution....SOMEBODY NEEDS TO MAKE A FREE PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO LISTEN TO INTERNET PRE-RECORDED AND STREAMING LIVE MEDIA AND WILL AUTO SEARCH THE NET FOR MORE INTERNET STATIONS AND ALLOWS YOU TO SAVE THE CONTENT AS A HIGHLY PRODUCED WAV FILE.

The problem is that I can turn on my radio that is in almost everything and listen to almost everything. I go to my computer I have to go whatever .com .net. .Jp .uk .ru .tk .cn .kr and then downlaod or stram a file and listen to the station that is pre-recorded. Even so if they do not have anything pre-recorded then I still need to install some program I am not going to use.

Internet radio needs to universal like ordinary radio where I can tune into any station. The problem is that there is no such program for a computer ( at least that I do not know of ) that needs to be free and needs to tune into Starting with.

Local AM/FM Radio Stations.

Local stations in other countries

Generally we already have such an item. It is called XFM and XFM allows you to listen to stations around the world just not stations that is on one indivisual website. XFM like any recent device is ether using a computer like connection but there Sattlelight is picking up all stations in the world.

Not only that we need the same FREE program to pickup on.

Streaming Music files.

Streaming media files.

Streaming radio.

Pre-recorded station files.

We need to be unified and deliver material to people who own PPC phones, PPC watches, Celluar Phones, Labtops that is wireless or can be wireless, and even to households.

Another problem is that even if can create such a program the question is how are we going to get couch potatoe people to install it and use it?

Just as with E-mail sending and recieving pictures advertment. We would also need a high speed system on hand that can deliver the stations even without the use of a regular computer. The item would be like a ipod or a Bloomberg radio that connects to our resources and gives smooth wireless music and has a such function built in. The system would need to be maintained also and still be free to listeners.

That is the problem with Internet radio. Lastly there is also something called a podcast. Podcasts is basically the same thing as Internet radio.

• 1 month later...