I Have Office Xp But Without "proplus.msi"

Hi, now I've run in to trouble again :)

I've created my administration point and I'm now trying to slipstream the first update Office XP SP2 Admin (oxpsp2a.exe).

I've followed the instructions on http://www.MSFN.org/unattended/xp/officexp...xp_advanced.htm so I now have the administration point installed under C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\ and the update (MAINSP2ff.msp) has been extracted to C:\OXPupdates\

Now when I run the command msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb I get an errormessage ( in swedish ). Translated into english, the message says something like:

"You can't install the correction file for the upgrade because the program to update may be missing or the correction file has been created for another version of the program. Check that the program to update is installed and that you have the correct correction file."

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

// Mattias

Am I the only one having this problem when trying to slipstream SP2 ( or any other package for that matter ) into my Office XP Proffesional with Frontpage Administration Point?

When using a logfile I get some errormessages but unfortunatly I don't understand what it says. Does this mean anything to anyone?

DEBUG: Error 2746: Transform 1TTo1U invalid for package C:\WINNT\Installer\f1dcbf6.msi. Expected product {90150409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}, found product {9028041D-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}.

// Mattias

where does on find SP for the 2nd CD it has publisher on it??

I looked but can not find :rolleyes:

i checked to see what updates i have available/installed for off xp pro sp2 which ones do i need to slipstreem in to office or do i need them all????

exc1003a.exe

officexp-KB812708-fullfile-ENG.exe

OfficeXP-KB822036-FullFile-ENU.exe

officexp-kb824938-fullfile-enu.exe

officexp-kb826293-fullfile-enu.exe

officexp-kb830346-fullfile-enu.exe

officexp-kb830350-fullfile-enu.exe

olk1005a.exe

Olk1006a.exe

wrd1005a.exe

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :rolleyes:

I will return to the origenal proplem and that is not finding the proplus.msi

in my setuation after i have done the adminstrator setup i found no *.msi

file in the directory but i descovered that the two *.dll file is actualy an *msi

so to solve the proplem i had to rename like this

MSO2002.DLL -----> PROPLUS.MSI

MSO2001.DLL ------> OWC10.MSI

:)

BTW I have an arabic virtion of the office with front page

• 10 months later...