I Have Office Xp But Without "proplus.msi"

Not: Office XP not English
You answered your question yourself, :rolleyes: the name of the MSI package varies upon Language, just look for the main MSI on the root directory of you OfficeXP CD and change your command line accordingly (mine for example is called INSTAPLS.MSI) :)

maybe its a system file and hidden try changing the views to all hidden files & hide protected operating system files.

Don't think that's the matter but give it a try

also is it a legit cd and does it work?

have you tried running setup?

try searching the subfolder for executables and msi's.

also submit a list view instead of icons :)

also i'm pretty sure if you get the opk tools for 2002 you'll be able to do something and look for log files I don't know what they are but I'm pretty sure they're not hard to find

maybe its a system file and hidden try changing the views to all hidden files & hide protected operating system files.

Don't think that's the matter but give it a try

also is it a legit cd and does it work?

have you tried running setup?

try searching the subfolder for executables and msi's.

also submit a list view instead of icons :rolleyes:

also i'm pretty sure if you get the opk tools for 2002 you'll be able to do something and look for log files I don't know what they are but I'm pretty sure they're not hard to find

I can install office XP from "setup.exe" it's work very good.. but not Unattended Installation :)

I tried search for any "msi" file but nothings.

plz help plz help plz help plz help plz help

I have the same problem :rolleyes:, but this was fault of my XP version i dont know why, my friend has this file and he has the same PRO POLISH version and this isn't fault of language version.

BTW how many takes your unattend office xp installation???(MB :) )

Quote from http://www.MSFN.org/unattended/xp/officexp...xp_advanced.htm

"Please note that you can only run a slipstream if you have PRO.msi or PROPLUS.msi, you cannot slipstream if your Office XP disc contains PRORET.msi."

One of the differences between corp. and ent. versions - but they are all PRO.

When You find the right version - it will work just fine. I did a slipstreamed, updated version and kept it on an own cd with an "tailored" .MST file and a .bat file to run it - works great!

/ SwedenXP

• 4 weeks later...

I have used the instructions on Creating an Unattended Windows XP CD to create an unattended installation of Office XP Pro.

In the slipstream process there are a couple of files to download. The following:

* Office XP SP2 Admin

* Word 2002 Administrative Update (Q824934)

* Excel 2002 Administrative Update (Q329750)

* Outlook 2003 Administrative Update (Q812262)

* Office XP Security Patch (Q822036)

* Office XP WordPerfect 5.x Converter Security Patch (Q824938)

* Access 2002 Snapshot Viewer Security Patch (Q826293)

It says that they are all the updates that were available at the time of writing. How do I know if there are more updates available today?

//Mattias

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of list I've been looking fore but not been able to find.

Do I always only have to install the latest hotfix, for let say Word, or do I normally have to install all the previous hotfixes as well?

Example:

Both wrd1005a.exe and officexp-kb824934-fullfile-enu.exe contain a file named "winwordff.msp". Do I only have to install the one from the newest hotfix?

Is this perhaps why you beleve that the newest word and excel hotfixes supersedes the older ones?

The instruction for the slipstreaming of hotfixes ( in the file OfficeXP_Slipstreamer.cmd - se the quote from the file below ) seem to targeting two different msi-files. Mostly it targets the proplus.msi but at one occation it targets the owc10.msi. If I want to slipstream more hotfixes, how do I know which msi-file to target?

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\proplus.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

msiexec /p C:\OXPupdates\Owc10SP2ff.msp /a C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\OfficeXP\OWC10.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

//Mattias