Help with Sandisk m200 Series

basicflair

Hello everyone. I've been searching the forum, and the internet, for a solution to my problem. I apologize if this has been rehashed but I haven't been able to install my SanDisk m250 mp3 player with many of the solutions offered.

Tried using the nusb program, ver 3.1 & 2.2, keep getting the same message that the version is not compatable.

Tried downloading and installing SanDisk digital audio player exe, program told me installation was not necessary. Thanks for any solutions offered.

Is it not automatically recognized as a storage device when you plug it on ME ?

My guess is that it normally should.

NUSB is only for 98SE as far as I know (unless I am wrong as always) and it's purpose is to upgrade 98SE to the capabilities of ME with regards to plug and play of mass storage devices.

Is it not automatically recognized as a storage device when you plug it on ME ?

My guess is that it normally should.

NUSB is only for 98SE as far as I know (unless I am wrong as always) and it's purpose is to upgrade 98SE to the capabilities of ME with regards to plug and play of mass storage devices.

It recognizes the mp3 player but it does not have a install driver on the system so I cannot add/delete files.

I'm going to switch USB modes and see if that helps at all. What's the difference between MTC and MSC modes?
Are you (and Xeno86) talking about what I know as UMS and MTP ?

Basically, MTP needs a specific program to use the MP3 player whereas UMS makes it a standard USB device, recognised as such by Windows and NUSB...

I'm gonna search references about MTC/MSC...

As far as I remember, I had to create a Fat32 partition on it using Ranish Partiton Manager (on Windows) and format it and it would become accessible. Remember to select the the player as disk (F5) and save partiton table (F2) and reconnect the player after creating partition.

Hope this helps.