Windows Vista

zack2197

Well since Vista has been out since Jan.30, one thing comes to my mind. What does this OS remind you of....The best OS or the worst or just something in between. This poll is to find out what people really think of the OS compared to other Windows OS's out there. Hear are a few choices. Remember this has to go by what you thought it would be like and what it has reminded you of other things that it was suppose to be and more...

Leave your answers please...

I like it, it's very stable. Only drawback is you need a powerhouse computer to run the darn thing. As for portability, stick with XP, much better on batteries. I boosted my battery run time from 1:30 to about 2:30 by switching my laptop from Vista to XP. If I only had a 9 cell (or even a 12) battery in this laptop my runtime would be so much better :)

NT 6 = WinME

I had heard all this great stuff about Vista, how it would be a wonderful OS with support for all this cool stuff. It never happened. Just got delayed, dummed-down and DRM'd. I like XP a lot, and I'm sticking with it until Vista is either made better, or until I can no longer get it. Vista != good.

i really like the user interface, and style and themes...

but i agree, wait until at least sp1 comes out for it

also, it would be alot better, if you didn't have to upgrade most of your hardware, you end up paying alot more for it than you realize!

if you like the theme's, you can download the 'vista transformation pack 6' from various sites, just google it!

or you could try the 'longhorn tranformation pack' which is also pretty cool, but again it they're only the user interfaces, with the themes!

AND they will slow down your computer quite a bit. especially for older machines.

you also may need 'windowblinds' a program that packages more theme's, in order to use the aero theme!

but they both require some time in order to set all your preferences,

only worth the time if you have a fast machine, but not the money to buy the real thing,

doen't have any of the applications either!

still pretty good though!

Vista is by far, the worst OS I've ever used. Too much garbage and a full bloatware which is annoying and way too many incompatibilities with both hardware and software. The hardware requirements is a joke... you need a Directx 9 card to run Vista... WTF? 10 GB of hard drive disk space? 1 GB of RAM? Running Vista is like running a game that is like today's standards.

Yeah, Vista = The next Windows ME except now its slower than ever, at least Windows ME was faster.

Vista is by far, the worst OS I've ever used. Too much garbage and a full bloatware which is annoying.

Bloatware is the inevitable evil of software industry. Think about ten years from now, OS may already have been in DirectX 15 or 20, Vista can run like flying at year 2017's computer...

Some of those bloatware will become necessary built-in, some simply been dumped. Broader spectrum of accessories together you can bring to your customers, higher chance you will take the market before other vendors.

Anyway, Some choices are still at customer's hands. Want to borrow tomorrow's hardware technologies today?

Run Win2K on your newly purchased PC. You are using hardware tech 7 years ahead of your software...

Vista is by far, the worst OS I've ever used. Too much garbage and a full bloatware which is annoying and way too many incompatibilities with both hardware and software. The hardware requirements is a joke... you need a Directx 9 card to run Vista... WTF? 10 GB of hard drive disk space? 1 GB of RAM? Running Vista is like running a game that is like today's standards.

Yeah, Vista = The next Windows ME except now its slower than ever, at least Windows ME was faster.

I agree with you 100%. Vista, imo, is a complete ripoff of Mac OS X.

Anyone remember this?

3350photocopiers-med.jpg

I agree with you 100%. Vista, imo, is a complete ripoff of Mac OS X.

Anyone remember this?

3350photocopiers-med.jpg

:lol:

Sad but true. But not totally. It's not a total knock-off of OSX, but it is similar in ways. I'm not planning to go to it any time too soon.