Please Advise

hey all i am mostly reading the forums but posting not much, i have finally created my desired cd and after much planning/preperation and testing i have come up with this:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Corporate - SP1 (NOT SP1a for a reason)

All Hotfixes upto 19/10/2003 Including Security Rollup Package 1

.NET FrameWork SP1,SP2

Media Player 9 + Windows Media 9 Codecs

Movie Maker 2

MSN Messenger 6

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional

OfficeXP Professional with Frontpage + All Updates upto 19/10/2003 Slipstreamed

Flashget 1.4

WinRAR Corporate

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Client 8.1 + Virus Definitions of 18/10/2003 & AutoUpdate Script

Ahead Nero Burning ROM 5.5.10 (Full Retail Version not WebDownload)

Macromedia Flash & Shockwave Players

QuickTime & Real Alternative Players

XP Lite

i got all this on one cd i would like to know what else i could improve, all the applications are unattended, many are created by InstallRite and i have tested on many diffrent hardware configurations and no problems what so ever and i mean radical diffrent hardware e.g test on Intel P4 System and Intel p200,Intel p2 400 etc no problems.

i assure you i have not faked this i can post screenshots if required i just want to know what people think of my cd and where i could improve further as i have acheived all i set out to do mostly thanks to this forum and especially -Gosh i wish to say a big Thanks :)

btw the total size of the cd at present is 687MB the remaining 13MB i am hoping to leave free for future updates since the cd will be updated monthly hopefully.

Jono

With 13 megs you could add stuff such as boot disks, memory testers, drive wipers, partition magic, antivirus. I never mentioned the bootdisks on my last cd, i'll have to explain that later.

-gosh

ok which bootdisks would you recommend?

maybe include a cut down version of 911 Rescue (www.911cd.net) and setup the cd with bootscriptor?

please dont leave this forum some of us genuinely appreciate your work :)

ok to install virus definitions i simply updated the definitions by downloading the file from symantec website before i ran the check with installrite to see what changes are made, to do with a fresh install of nav look for a folder called virusdef download the latest update to that folder (.exe) remove all readonly from the folder and run PATH:\NAV\VIRUSDEF\(DEFINITION FILENAME).exe /e

Hey Juno, how did you install :

Macromedia Flash & Shockwave Players & Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional?

I have tried InstallRite, but it always crashes when building the Installation Kit!

how did you install :

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional?

I have tried InstallRite, but it always crashes when building the Installation Kit!

Hey Juno, how did you install :

Macromedia Flash & Shockwave Players & Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional?

how did you install :

Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional?

ok:

Start with a totally fresh install of winxp

create a user called 'setup' with administrator rights

remove all performance settings for this user (my computer)

install installrite

start it up click 'Create a manual snapshot'

install your program & Make any changes you like which are recorded as well ie in office customize toolbar etc.

click 'perform an analysis....'

after that is completed click on build an install kit

select Quiet installation

never reboot

and overwrite all files regardless of age

so now when you call your created build kit file (.exe) you need to use no switches to install quietly and the installation is completed after the computer restarts because at the end of your main_batch.cmd i think the system is restarted completing your installation.

I am thinking of making a tutorial for this because the instructions above are unclear i think, i will do one day this week and host myself unless a moderator or admin wants to make the tutorial available here i dunno what to do as contacting them as i can make many tutorials.