Looking for defrag choices for 2003 server

It doesn't provide full defrag services.

My suggestion would be Diskeeper 2007. Setting up I-FAAST and Auto Defrag options is a snap and works without issue. Just set the schedules and let it do it's thing. IIRC it also defrags directories "online" now (in older versions you had to set it as a boot-time defrag option).

perfect disk is an excellent choice, i used that for some time with win 2000, xp and server 2003. presently i'm using ultimate defrag by disktrix. no installation, you can even keep it on yer usb jump drive and run it from there. excellent tool...

http://www.disktrix.com/UDIntroduction.htm

;)

mike

I have to second Diskeeper, especially if you have Active Directory - DK has AD integration, so you can configure DK settings from within a GPO and apply them to all clients running the software. Very useful, and a good defrag engine to boot.

• 3 weeks later...
It doesn't provide full defrag services.

What are "full" defrag services? Yes, the built in defrag doesn't do a "complete" defrag but has anyone shown that really makes a observable difference?

If this isn't too stupid a question - but what defrag services is the built-in defrag engine missing?

I can think of - Defragmenting the pagefile.

But you can get sysinternals pagedefrag to do that for you.