USB and Hardware Wizard

anonymous_user

It a problem that continues to annoy me and I have no idea why it happens.

In the previous thread, RyanVM suggested that you dont remove CAT files. Does that fix it and how do I make sure those files arent removed? Does disabling SFC remove them?

Id also appreciate if anyone knows of alternate solutions.

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by anoymous_person

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same problems, when using untrusted user accounts.

As soon as I let nLite 1.3.5 integrate drivers into the source, any USB device moved or inserted will end up prompting the "Found New Hardware" dialog.

However, If I integrate the drivers otherwise (e.g. using setupcopyoeminf.exe at T-39), all is fine.

I Started with a clean Windows XP source and let nLite do the following in one run:

- SP2 integration

- post-SP2 security hotfixes and KB888111 integration

...and yes, the advanced option to remove the catalog files is not enabled.

- multiple drivers integration

What can be causing this behavior?

It has nothing to do with nlites' driver integration. Afaik it's a hotfix that causes this. When I left out all post SP2 hotfixes and integrate drivers, IE7 and WMP11 all is fine.

I had no time to check out what hotfix it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having this problem with a volume copy of Windows XP SP2 and nLite 1.4 beta. The only pieces of nLite that I am using are driver integration (intel sata, broadcom network, and some intel chipset drivers,) unattended install, and creating an ISO. I am not removing any components of Windows (including CAT files,) I am not adding any hotfixes or updates, I am not using the 'tweaks' or 'options' section. I have completely re-built the nLite distribution from scratch three times now, and it has been consistant in that the HID-compliant devices that normally install as a standard user without any fuss now prompt for admin credentials. If anyone has figured this out yet I would be really happy to know how it was done.