[HELP] Removing "system" files manually

Ouroborus

I noticed several months ago that my Windows installation was under the impression it was full up and out of space. The drive its on is a fairly substantial one, and I had given Windows 23 GB of space to play with, most of which is one large application, about 10 GB. So I went through manually looking for where the rest of the space had went. My Windows folder returned that it was 12 GB in size. The normal installation of Home is ~2 GB. Booted up with Linux, and found eight files sitting in my Windows directory, all marked as hidden and tagged system files. Loaded Windows back up and attempted to delete them, was given an Access Denied error message.

Six of the files are 1.5 GB in size each, the other two in the order of tens of MB. The names of the files are as follows : 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, S, and Y. I've heard from an acquaintance they had a similar problem and they just reformatted, which is something I prefer not to do if possible. Any advice on a way to remove them and get my space back?