LameSkin Themes

Your SilverXP needs to use new undocumented LameSkin8 features which allow to change caption text shadow:

[Global]
ActiveShadow=0 (1 to enable - default)
ActiveShadowColor=R G B (0 0 0 - black by default)
InactiveShadow=0 (1 to enable)
InActiveShadowColor=R G B

WOW, I have to say, this is one of the best skins I have seen so far. But a little suggestion, you might want to alter the text colors a bit since they blend into the background, but otherwise this is a great theme. Thanks!

For the time being, you can actually fix that (by changing the text to black) by adjusting the following lines:

Open C:\windows\resources\SilverXP\Skin.ini

Look for:

TaskText=255 255 255
ClockText=255 255 255

Change to:

TaskText=0 0 0
ClockText=0 0 0

Save and then reselect SilverXP.

Thanks, it worked.

Hy all! :hello: I've finished one of the best lameskins ever! Great scroll bars and arrows great buttons and other great stuff. Just try it! Hope u'll like it. And i give the link for a great wallpaper that goes excellent with this theme: http://rapidshare.com/files/64821680/Aurora.jpg

Oh man! Looks almost exactly like my 'VistaGlow' project. Looks like you beat me to it :whistle:

I agree with you, this is definitely one of the best LameSkins

Hy all! :hello: I've finished one of the best lameskins ever! Great scroll bars and arrows great buttons and other great stuff. Just try it! Hope u'll like it.

man, that looks awesome :thumbup

Thanx, now i'm working on other theme, i hope it will be as great as this. :thumbup

Your SilverXP needs to use new undocumented LameSkin8 features which allow to change caption text shadow:

[Global]
ActiveShadow=0 (1 to enable - default)
ActiveShadowColor=R G B (0 0 0 - black by default)
InactiveShadow=0 (1 to enable)
InActiveShadowColor=R G B

:} may I ask why? The shadows seem to work for me...

Black text with black shadow? :blink:

Oh, that. I suppose lightning up the shadow would help a bit...

Tihiy, about the LameSkin 8 preview 3 for LameSkin 7, I'm having some trouble with old skins (i.e. the AeroBlue theme). It works for a while, but then everything touched by LameSkin gets all jumbled up and colors go crazy :wacko: . If I switch to a skin with progress and scrollbar skinning support, though, it fixes itself. For now I just made my own, more compatible versions, but you may want to fix the .ini's for AeroBlue and Royale in the final version of LameSkin 8.