Does 'hidcon.exe' work through 'cmdlines.txt' ?

Sorry for asking a question that i can just test myself to find the answer to, but it's just because that i can't use a VM app to test, because i only have 224MB ram(256MB, but with 32MB shared for the on-board graphic chip), and last i tried 'Microsoft Virtual PC' then i couldn't make it work, and i guess that it's because of my low amount of RAM, and so i would really appreciate if anyone allready had tested this and knew the answer to this, so that i didn't have to waste one CD more to test it with(i have tested/wasted about 20 CDs allready in the last month and haven't very many left now). My question is about if i can add 'C:\install\hidcon.exe RunOnceEx.cmd' to 'cmdlines.txt' and then avoid seeing the command prompt window at T-12 ? I would like to avoid using 'cmdow', since then the command prompt window will still be shown shortly before it is hidden and although 'hidec.exe'(or 'RunHiddenConsole.exe' which it used to be called) seems like a nice alternative to 'cmdow', then i have read that it dosen't work from 'cmdlines.txt' unfortunetly.

Thank's in advance.

CU, Martin.

Edited by Martin H

Well, i have just tested it out myself and 'hidcon.exe' does work perfectly from T-12 also(cmdlines.txt), and without any shortly flashing CMD windows or anything and it's just 2KB big :)

Btw, I thought that i couldn't use any VM software since i only had 256MB ram and since when i tried MS. Virtual PC, then it didn't work and complained about to low memory available, but now i have just tried VMware Workstation 6 and this great app actually works perfectly even on my system also :) What a relief to be able to use a VM for testing from now on, just like the rest of you guys allready have done for ages :)

Just a little tip that concerns running 'cleanup.cmd' from 'RunOnceEx.cmd' with 'hidcon.exe' and if having 'hidcon.exe' in the same folder as all the 7z SFX installers, then you need to use the '-nw' switch of 'hidcon.exe'('-nw' disables "waiting", which is enabled by default), since else when 'cleanup.cmd' ends with e.g. 'rd /s /q C:\install', then the 'install' directory will still be left on 'C:\' and with 'hidcon.exe' inside it, and that's because 'hidcon.exe' is still in use and hence, can't be deleted.

So i personally use this in my 'cmdlines.txt' :

"C:\install\hidcon.exe RunOnceEx.cmd"

And this in RunOnceEx.cmd's last line :

[...] "C:\install\hidcon.exe -nw C:\install\cleanup.cmd" /f

Then everything will work perfectly and no flashing console windows will be shown and the 'install' folder is deleted as it's supposed to.

Edited by Martin H