Orbit Downloader

Silent Switch

Orbit.exe /silent /TASKS="DesktopIco\yes,Firewall\yes,QuickLaunchIco\no,StartupIco\no"

(needed firefox addon switches i couldn't find)

Download http://dl.orbitdownloader.com/dl/OrbitDownloaderSetup.exe

Orbit Downloader is a great speed, super light,easy-to-use and free rich media downloader. It is based on p2p and multi-source downloading technology and supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, MMS and RTSP protocols. Using Orbit Downloader, you can almost download everything online with 500% faster speed, like youtube video, rapidshare files, flash and streaming media etc. Anyway, Orbit Downloader is an indispendsable tool for download acceleration and management.

Super Light: micro-sized and resource-friendly

Orbit Downloader is written with efficiency in mind, it typically uses less than 3MB of memory and 3% of cpu when downloading. Additionally, the installation package is less than 1.6MB.

Great Speed

Orbit Downloader is based on p2p and multi-source downloading technology, which make you download files up to 500% faster than before.

Easy to Use

Orbit Downloader has a simple and clear user interface. It is easy to use and config for both newbies and professions.

The Most Comprehensive Download Tools

Internet Downloader all in one: Orbit Downloader supports most protocols and have a function of “Flash and Streaming Media Capturerâ€, so you can download videos from youtube metacafe, files from rapidshare, metalink files, flash and streaming media online more simple and easy.

Support IE, Firefox, Maxthon and Opera

Orbit Downloader integrates seamlessly into IE, FireFox, Maxthon and Opera without installing any other plugin。

Free and Safe

100% free and no registration allowed. No adware!!! No spyware!!!

Edited by cyberloner

• 2 weeks later...

sorry .. she is pure downloader and she is doing all flashget job very well and fast...

it is known flashget always download nvidia driver and the file corrupt...

with orbit.. everything is fine....

i dun and never suggest torrent to be handle by downloader because i need seeding and keep seed with utorrent... =)

Edited by cyberloner

I use Orbit Downloader now also. I don't use the Orbit Firefox plugin but use the Flashgot extension instead. I have also disabled monitoring in Orbit itself, so I manually sent video's and files to Orbit.

What I do like about Orbit is that it download streaming video's better than Flashget and NetTransport. For example I had some streaming files that Flashget/NetTransport only downloaded 87 MB, while using Orbit it became 92MB and the files played better in Windows Media Player as well :thumbup

See post below for improved script!

Edited by Acheron

@Acheron

Seems like a lot of work instead of editing the Inno script, I suppose it saves time checking for differences with new version. I am in the middle of creating a new script at the mo. You probably know this with creating your Nero Inno but if you are having to delete the start menu folder after, the noicons switch isn't working it has to be allowed by the script writer. You can also just specify certain tasks and it would save you having to delete the Desktop and Quick launch icons.

I to cannot get the Firefox option to be enabled but all it does is copy a text file to your FF profile dir which points to the Orbit dir. You can also edit the conf.dat to add FF click monitoring by adding bSupportFireFox=1 to the Monitoring section.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have updated the Orbit installer script for use at T12.

By setting the default location to the My documents folder\Downloads each user will have its own download folder.

install.cmd

title Orbit Downloader 2.7.1

::Orbit Downloader 2.7.1
START /WAIT install_orbit.au3

exit

install_orbit.au3

#NoTrayIcon

;Disable the default internet browser
$DefBrowser = RegRead("HKCR\HTTP\shell\open\command\", "")
RegDelete("HKCR\HTTP\shell\open\command\", "")

;Read from registry home page of Internet Explorer
$HomePage = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Start Page")

$EXECUTABLE = "OrbitDownloaderSetup271.exe"
$INSTALLDIR = @ProgramFilesDir & "\Orbit"
RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\" & $EXECUTABLE & ' /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /TASKS="!DesktopIco\yes,!QuickLaunchIco\yes,!StartupIco\yes" /GROUP="." /DIR="' & $INSTALLDIR & '"')

$dif = 0
$begin = TimerInit()
While $dif <= 10000
;Close Internet Explorer
If ProcessExists("iexplore.exe") Then
ProcessClose("iexplore.exe")
ExitLoop
EndIf
Sleep(10)
$dif = TimerDiff($begin)
WEnd

;Restore the default internet browser
RegWrite("HKCR\HTTP\shell\open\command\", "", "REG_SZ", $DefBrowser)

;Restore the home page of Internet Explorer
RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "", "REG_SZ", $HomePage)

;Unregister GrabPro Toolbar
ShellExecuteWait("regsvr32", "/u /s " & $INSTALLDIR & "\GrabPro.dll")
RegDelete("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\GrabProGrabPro")
If FileExists($INSTALLDIR & "\GrabPro.dll") Then FileDelete($INSTALLDIR & "\GrabPro.dll")

;Cleanup shortcuts
FileDelete(@ProgramsCommonDir & "\Homepage.url")
FileDelete(@ProgramsCommonDir & "\Uninstall Orbit.lnk")

;Don't start automaticly
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "GENERAL", "bAutoRun", "0")
;Autoresume on start
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "GENERAL", "bAutoResumeDownload", "1")
;Disable some messages
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "GENERAL", "bHintAfterDownloaded", "0")
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "GENERAL", "bHintWhenDLFailed", "0")
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "GENERAL", "bShowTrayBalloon", "0")
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "GENERAL", "bCloseToSystemTrayClickTip", "0")
;Disable update check
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "GENERAL", "bAutoCheckUpdate", "0")
;Set max connections
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "DOWNLOAD", "iMaxAnts", "20")
;Set max retries
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "DOWNLOAD", "iLimitRetryTimes", "20")
;Disable P2P
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "P2P", "bEnableP2P", "0")
;Disable browser monitor
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "MONITOR", "bScoutExplorer", "0")
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "MONITOR", "bScoutFlash", "0")
;Set Language
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "OTHER", "Language", "nld")

;Configure user specific settings after logon
FileCopy("user_orbit.au3", @StartupDir, 8)
FileSetAttrib(@StartupDir & "\user_orbit.au3", "+H")

user_orbit.au3

#NoTrayIcon

;Specify Download location
$DownloadsPath = @MyDocumentsDir & "\Downloads"
IniWrite(@AppDataDir & "\Orbit\conf.dat", "SORTCONTENT", "strDefaultDLFolder", $DownloadsPath & "\")
;Remove
If FileExists(@StartupDir & "\user_orbit.au3") Then
FileDelete(@StartupDir & "\user_orbit.au3")
EndIf

Edited by Acheron

• 2 weeks later...