T12 install questions

I have "Windows XP Pro Dell OEM" CD that I have that I am trying to update. From what I read you can not use nlite or RyanVMs to slipstream Dell OEM cds. I was thinking that I will just use the T12 (SVCPACK.inf) method to install SP2 and Hotfixes.On the hotfix list by the_guy I need to install IE7, WMP11, and Messenger before I install the files from that list. I have 3 questions that deal with this...

1) Can I use the T12 method to install them after SP2 but before the hotfixes?

2)When I install the hotfixes do I install them in the order that is on the_guy's list or in the order that MS released the said hotfix?

3)My last question could I use the T12 method to install "system files" like the .net1.1, .net2, dx9.0c, and the like?

I'm afraid I can't help you with the T-12 questions, but I can tell you what I know about those Dell CDs.

I started with the Dell Reinstallation CD that came with my system. It looked like a regular CD, basically same files and folders, etc. AutoStreamer wouldn't even recognize the CD files as an OS but nLite went through the entire configuration process and created an ISO image. But it wouldn't install. I got file corruption errors every time. I don't think it's a bad CD since nLite was able to create a usable ISO as long as I didn't add or change anything.

Before I could figure out the difference between my CD and any other XP CD, I learned that Dell would send me a replacement for no charge. It arrived within 36 hours and already has SP2 slipstreamed. nLite has no problem with that CD. I've added hotfixes, addons and tweaks and deleted certain components. I've made at least a dozen successful ISO images from it and every one installs without a problem. The only step I haven't taken with the files from that CD is to slipstream a service pack since that's already done.

It's not true that all Dell and/or OEM CDs will not work with nLite. It's also not true that all Dell and/or OEM CDs that won't work with nLite will work in another process. I'd try nLite to see what you get. If that doesn't work, I wouldn't be too surprised if a manual configuration fails too.

Ray