Geforce 6/7 and 8 AGP/PCI-E Driver Edition for Win98/ME by Zak!

ZakMcKracken84

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

8 and 9 series are both Tesla so would these work on 9 series cards (a Quadro FX 1800 is very similar to a GF 9600 GT) ?? Or do they need INF edits?

3 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Quadro FX 1800

On the other hand, FX 1700 is a direct copy of a very common 8600GS. I personally reflashed it in 2007. GT version should have a different VRAM though.

So maybe a good BIOS for 1800 exists. If flashed properly, not drivers editing would be needed. I'm still afraid the 9 series is too new.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-8600-gs.c1767

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

On the other hand, FX 1700 is a direct copy of a very common 8600GS. I personally reflashed it in 2007. GT version should have a different VRAM though.

So maybe a good BIOS for 1800 exists. If flashed properly, not drivers editing would be needed. I'm still afraid the 9 series is too new.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-8600-gs.c1767

FX3700 = 8800 GT so would be fine?    Also would serve multi purpose as could use it for 2K, XP and old Hackintosh OS from 10.5 Leopard thru to 10.13 High Sierra in my KVM host with PCIE passthru

3 hours ago, Methanoid said:

FX3700 = 8800 GT so would be fine?    Also would serve multi purpose as could use it for 2K, XP and old Hackintosh OS from 10.5 Leopard thru to 10.13 High Sierra in my KVM host with PCIE passthru

Yes, absolutely fine, I also did that BIOS mod by reflashing to 3700. There was (still is?) a ready made BIOS file from the original Quadro card circulating the internet.

19 hours ago, Saxon said:

LOL... I was considering flashing to 8800GT from 3700 (just bought a 3700 on eBay) for the higher clocks but probably better just take the 3700 and BIOS mod for the overclock if the FX3700 works in MacOS as is.... its also compatible with AROS (Amiga-like OS)

8 hours ago, Methanoid said:

LOL... I was considering flashing to 8800GT from 3700 (just bought a 3700 on eBay) for the higher clocks but probably better just take the 3700 and BIOS mod for the overclock if the FX3700 works in MacOS as is.... its also compatible with AROS (Amiga-like OS)

8800GT is a very hot running card. You'd need a good cooling solution in a well ventilated case.

8000/9000 series and newer DO NOT work on Win9x. Period.

7000 series is latest GeForce line that works on Win9x.

I have no idea why the "support" for them was added all these years ago even though no-one reported them working.

I even mentioned it in this thread back in 2017:

On 2/24/2017 at 7:29 PM, MrMateczko said:

There's no GeForce 8 support for 98SE, period!

GeForce 8 series uses Unified Shaders, there's not Unified Shaders GPU driver for 98SE period! Not from AMD, not from NVIDIA, not from S3,VIA, whatever! No Unified Shaders support, period!

The best GPU for 98SE is the 7900 GTX, which will work with your modded drivers. From AMD, it's the Radeon X850 XT PE, using official drivers. Note that both don't use Unified Shaders, it's not a coincidence :)

This lie is really bothersome for me and for other people who actually know their Win9x stuff...