Updating Bios

Ogre

I would like to upgrade my system BIOS, but i do not have a floppy drive. I Googled and found that it is possible to upgrade with a CD-ROM, but found no explanation on how to do it. Anyone have any ideas?

The motherboard is a Tyan Tiger MPX S2466N-4M and the BIOS is by Pheonix.

http://www.tyan.com/support/html/how_to_flash.html

WARNING!!!

Please be aware that by downloading this BIOS package you agree that in the event of a BIOS flash failure, you must contact your dealer for a replacement BIOS. There are no exceptions to this policy. Tyan does not have a policy of replacing BIOS chips directly with end users. Flashing a BIOS should only be attempted by a qualified technician. BIOS updates are provided for evaluation purposes only. All BIOS revisions are released on an "as-is" basis only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USB Flash Key Method:

BIOS must be able to boot to USB bootable devices. Not all core bios versions have USB as a bootable option. Double check your documentation if you are unsure if this option is supported.

* Make the USB Flash key bootable

* Insure that you have the command.com, IO.sys and MSDOS.sys files on the USB key so that it will be bootable.

* Place the unzipped batch files (batch file, flash utility, bios file and .txt file) on the USB key.

* Make sure that the USB Flash Key is at the top of the boot order in your bios so that when the motherboard is turned on it will immediately boot to the USB Flash Key and boot cleanly to an A: prompt.

* Simply type in flash at the A: prompt and the rest will be handled by the batch file itself.

* Clear the CMOS. Reboot system and the flashed version of the BIOS should now be present on your monitor.

• 4 years later...

I was doing a Winflash Utility for HP notebook system BIOS Window base it was for Compaq 2598us it was on 2 of 8 and light went off for a second, it shut down my laptop for second, now it won't boot back up, do I need to change the harddrive, how can I fix this problem!

frasier