setuperr.log failed to enumerate components

soccer84playa

After installing windows i get this message in error.log "setup failed to enumerate all component packages"

I use nLite slipstream SP2 to make sure all sp2 files are not corrupt.

I then integrate ryanvm update pack, dx9c, wga, wmp10. I check delete catalog files and turn off SFC.

after that integrates I do IE7 and then separately do boogys wmp11 slipstream.

Finally I remove a few components like OOBE, tour, samples MSN Explorer , msn, keyboards & languages, setup unattended, runonce dotnetaio and make cd.

Only error I get is that. I guess question is is that normal error? Would that be caused because of catalog files being deleted and SFC off?

That error is not normal and not good.

Could be that some of the components in the sysoc.inf failed.

First do you do all that in the single nlite run (rvm, ie7, components) ?

If you don't then try it like that.

If it still fails try first without any addon or anything other than nlite, just to pin-point it.

Use virtual machines like Vmware or Virtual pc so that you don't waste cds.

I do it seperately. First I integrate the update pack, dx9c, wga, and wmp10. After that I integrate IE7 and then seperately I use boogies installer for wmp11. After everything is updated I custimzed it to remove oobe, tour, sample sounds, setup my key, few tweaks like classic login, disable SFC, deleted catalog files, merged driver.cab and yeah that's all. In event log it says it was a "minor non fatal error" and it setuperr.log it is the only error I see. I have been using VMWARE for these because I'm trying to get close to perfect as possible I guess I'll have to try again lol :(

wmp 10 is not needed if u integrate wmp11...

about the catalogs u can select not to remove in my program but if u remove them with nlite and disable sfc will be no problem......

Edited by boooggy

Wish I could find out what components aren't being installed. Maybe some bagage from wmp10. Not sure though anyways all apps/services seem to work perfectly in vmware. Im going to make another copy without wmp10 and see how that goes. Wish Ryan made a update pack with idea of ie7 and wmp11 being slipstreamed in baseline. that would be nice :).

I did it without wmp10 and have no setup errors. During normal use though like installing a USB driver it asks to install drivers (ms wheel) instead of just doing it like normal. I turned off catalogs and sfc would that be the cause of that? If so then I might have to enable SFC and catalogs but would that cause errors during setup?

The error you're getting is a known one with WMP10 integration, and it appears to be safe to ignore (it's been known for a long time and doesn't seem to have ever caused any problems). And like boooggy said, there's really no point in integrating WMP10 if you're slipstreaming WMP11 over it anyway.

Finally, yes, removing CAT files would break driver signing. That should be rather obvious...

I understand. I wasn't sure the effect of having unsigned drivers would have exactly. I knew prompts but didn't think it would do it for things like MSWHEEL and stuff... anyways thanks Maybe make a update pack for ie7 & wmp11 integrated first ^^ that would be sweet hehe

my wmp 11 addons contains all wmp 11 fixes that are out untill today.

also my wmp11 slipstreamer has the function that can directly integrate this fixes.

as for ie7 addon please look at ryans forum for ie7 addon. MrNxDmX done a very nice job with this..

and as long as i know it contains all updates for ie7.