What Image Editing Programs Do You Use? (Take Two)

gamehead200

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Image Editing Programs Do You Use?

• Adobe Photoshop
    • Microsoft Digital Image Pro
    • ACDSee
    • Corel Paint Shop Pro
    • CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
    • Paint.NET
    • The GIMP
    • Irfan View
    • Other

My God... I started this thread during my first month at MSFN... Scary...

...can you please edit the poll to add the below programs too? Make it multi-choice, so that we can select all the programs that we use, and also please don't add the version number - so that you won't have to edit the poll again in the future :)

It is still not multi-choice, so I can't vote for 2 programs at the same time , anyway, I voted for ACDSee. I also want to vote for Gimp...

I mean, for example, if I use three programs from the list, I will pick three.

I understand this as "select all the programs that we use" or "multi-choice" for the poll. In my case, I use only two - Gimp and ACDSee.

Did not vote because I use (or rather have as I seem to spend more time gathering software than actually use them ) too many of them.

I use Jasc PSP 7, Ulead Photoimpact 8, Corel Draw 9 and Photoshop 5 Lite for the payware ones. They just cost me £50 or so all in all and I am looking into buying Photoshop 6 on eBay ATM. I also bought PSP 8 but this one proved to be a big disappointment.

I think Photoimpact should be included in the poll as it is one of the biggies and one of the best if not the best value/features for money IMO. If I had to keep just one, it would probably be this one over PSP 7.

Gimp, Deep Paint, i.Mage and quite a few others for the freebies. (Full list on demand)

As for image viewing/management, I way prefer XnView (with the mezich toolbar icons) over IrfanView but I am using both.

Paint.NET is a great simple image editing tool. It's small, quick to load (unlike PS), and does most things that most people need. I don't do that much crazy photoshopping, so for the simple edits, Paint.NET does what I need. :)

I never looked into paint.net before since I only have an older version of .net loaded for one app I use. You guys are so in love with it that I took a peek. Looks neat, but requires .net 2.0. What else would you recommend for cropping/resizing/minor editing but doesn't require .net?

/sorry for the hijack

Guest ytrewq

Well, most people shouldn't need to select too many, it's not a poll for photo apps of all kinds, but editing. I'll use acdsee (and once in a while irfanview) for viewing, but for editing it's photoshop all the way.

I'm using CS2. I was kind of hoping to upgrade to CS3, but they've definitely increased their prices too much. The CS2 upgrade was 150$, but the CS3 is either 200$ for the crippled version or 350$ for the real i.e. extended version, so I'll be sticking with CS2 for quite a while. 650$ for the full retail/non-upgrade version! CS3 has lots of nice and useful new features, but it's WAY too expensive, and CS2 still does the job OK (it supports my camera's RAW files just fine too).

For those who don't want to pay an arm and a leg (and still be legit), I used to recommend the CS2 upgrades, but seemingly it's being discontinued (doesn't cost enough, why not pull it off the shelves?), or photoshop elements which also happens to be easier to use and better suited for most people. It's like 80$ or so.

Paint.NET isn't too bad. I don't care much for the recent versions of PSP but at least it's not 650$!

Anyhow, anything but GIMP! Worst photo editor I've ever seen.